No announcement yet.

TPMS and central locking help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons den , with the centrifugal TPMS and the knitted gear knob , peter jones is bound to invest .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Did the main dealer look for any codes ?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes I tried the learn mode as you described, with my learn tool to no avail.
        That's when i had to accept it wasn't a DIY fix.
        Dealer did do a fault read, but I didn't get the codes.
        I am going back tomorrow so I will get a print out if possible.

The aftermarket remote is just a small grey fob with 3 buttons. I don't know the make.
        The car isn't an ex lease.

Comment

Yea it sounds like the tpms module is dead.
          A previous visit to a tyre shop told me that the sensors were all live.
          That was about 3 months ago, so I put it on the long finger until the car was due NCT(MOT). It is an NCT failure in cars 2015 and over.

Comment

Originally posted by nm6 View Post
            Yea it sounds like the tpms module is dead.
            A previous visit to a tyre shop told me that the sensors were all live.
            That was about 3 months ago, so I put it on the long finger until the car was due NCT(MOT). It is an NCT failure in cars 2015 and over.
            The tpms module is behind the rear bumper

Comment

Thank you.
              Is there also some part of the system behind the driver display pinnacle?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. I retrofitted the tpms module and sensors and it worked perfectly. That was all that was needed. (Apart from bcm programming)

Comment

New to this site. 2015 Insignia 2.0d.
                  I'm looking for some advice on TPMS and central locking.
                  TPMS is not reading on display, all 4 tyres read --, and TPMS error message and light constantly on.
                  Tried relearn with my relearn tool and tpms in learn mode.
                  Eventually gave in and went to main dealer.
                  They attempted to change the front left sensor, but it wouldn't communicate and learn. They say it's not a regular/normal issue, and will need more deeper investigation of wiring etc.
                  They seem ok and even advised to see can it be mapped out completely.
                  I contacted a few map guys and all said it cant be mapped out like an egr or dpf error 😭.
                  So I have no choice but to go back to main dealer.
                  My remote central locking is also not working. Some aftermarket system is installed.
                  In researching the issue i read that the TPMS and central locking are linked.
                  Has anyone any technical experience or advice on this please??
                  I'm confused as to why aftermarket central locking would have been fitted.

Comment

Yea the previous owner just said it stopped working so it was cheaper to replace remote locking

Comment

Yea the previous owner just said it stopped working so it was cheaper to replace remote locking
                      Sounds bit odd as its not that far out of warranty. Did you get the original keys or have they been lost!! ?
                      as for TPMS does your car have the option to change pressure setting via steering wheel buttons if yes have you tried other settings.

Comment

Yes I've tried other tyre settings

Comment

Update:
                          TPMS Module behind drivers display was faulty.
                          Replaced by main dealer.
                          This fixed both the TPMS and the remote central locking.
                          All good now.
                          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Thank you nm6 for keeping us informed, it goes a long way to helping others
                            That's what forums are all about .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                            X