codes p0016 and p0017 on 2.0t petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• codes p0016 and p0017 on 2.0t petrol

Hi guys, I have a 2011 2.0 turbo petrol and have been having rough starting recently, have had a p0016 and p0017 code flash up and replaced the sensor and still no change, now rather than spend silly amounts of money replacing bits i thought i would ask on the owners forums first and see if its a common issue first before attempting to fix it by replacing xyz

thanks in advance

Hello which sensor did you replace? Crank or cam ? Was it a genuine one ? .is there any rattle from cam cover aera ? . this may sound like a silly question but did you clear the codes correctly once sensor replaced ? .if all the above done then check wiring plug pins for corrosion and proper connection .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Hello which sensor did you replace? Crank or cam ? Was it a genuine one ? .is there any rattle from cam cover aera ? . this may sound like a silly question but did you clear the codes correctly once sensor replaced ? .if all the above done then check wiring plug pins for corrosion and proper connection .
      Genuine Vauxhall part used, codes cleared with snap on solus iirc, i didn't fit the part myself, it was done by garage of which we know the owner, but was shown where its location was and to me it looked like a crank sensor as it was low on the front right side of the block near the gearbox side so I'm assuming it was Crank sensor as im assuming there's probably a pickup on the flywheel, car only has 28k miles on it

Comment

P0016 denotes crank/ camshaft position, bank 1 position A
        P0017 denotes crank / camshaft position bank 1 position B
        The ECM has detected a fault between the position of the crank and cam .
        If component has been changed then check wiring because the 2 sensors are susceptible to heat .
        Also , it can be a sign of stretched chains . ( but as I say it can be a sign ) because of low mileage dose not mean that the chains can't stretch
        Did they say replacing the part would cure it , or was it just " it may cure it "?
        I would ask them to check the wiring . Due to position and heat from where they are placed .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          P0016 denotes crank/ camshaft position, bank 1 position A
          P0017 denotes crank / camshaft position bank 1 position B
          The ECM has detected a fault between the position of the crank and cam .
          If component has been changed then check wiring because the 2 sensors are susceptible to heat .
          Also , it can be a sign of stretched chains . ( but as I say it can be a sign ) because of low mileage dose not mean that the chains can't stretch
          Did they say replacing the part would cure it , or was it just " it may cure it "?
          I would ask them to check the wiring . Due to position and heat from where they are placed .
          I did quickly check the wiring on the sensor myself just incase it was that was bad, i didn't see anything wrong but i do have to check the rest of the run under the sheathing just to make sure there isn't an issue, they hoped it was the sensor but issue is still there, so it could be looking more like chain stretch then?, any way of confirming this, can it be seen in the cam wheels to crank position if you do a timing alignment or is the stretch just that little it cant be seen?

Comment

Working...
          X