Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking a mirror back on

Bloody drivers side door mirror was flapping about at high speed today,

when i got home I literally pushed on the mirror and it came off in my hand,

So what do you guys use to re-fix the glass part back onto the backing, that won't damage the heated mirror strips..? i was thinking just good old epoxy resin..(araldite).. or does it need fixing with silicone sealant.. (both of which i have)
    Last edited by Langy; 22-06-2019, 08:07 PM. Reason: crap spelling.. fat fingers
    Chris

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Chris

Comment

A dab of gorilla glue ( and that's not some reference to gorilla joy juice) .it worked on mine . never flapped again .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Chris

Comment

I used Araldite on the Vectra and the Insignia(yes they both had that happen ), been fine since.

Comment

funny thing is, just like yours, it's happened on both my Vectra and Insignia...
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                funny thing is, just like yours, it's happened on both my Vectra and Insignia...
                Bloody dodgy mirror glass

Comment

The fortunate thing is that at least they hang on until you're stationary to remove it, rather than flapping and then flying off while you're moving.

Comment

Working...
                  X