No announcement yet.

Grand Sport 2.0D engine management light woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just concerned it’s 3 weeks before VX can get it booked in, would adding a Resex DPF cleaning agent impact on my warranty?

Comment

any additive thats supposed to help in my mind is a NO NO
      you might as well put lemonade in the tank
      You proceed at your own risk
      And also the DPF fault could be anything.
      Additive is snake oil
      Its like giving some one paracetamol for erectile disorder.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Update, managed to get local VX
        to have a look at and everything is ok, looks like the DPF had cleaned its self 150 miles ago but for some reason the warning light would not re set, soot level was 14% which I am told is good so all is well

Comment

Dam light came back on after 2 days so again booked into to VX in December for them to keep in for up to a week and send data to VX main support to try and find out why , they think it will be ok to drive unless any further issues come up

Comment

Oh well, they had it for 2 days, said it was the DPF sensor which they replaced, light came back on after 25 miles..

Comment

U mmmmmmm nit having much luck with there diagnosis that garage you are using
              but keep us up to speed

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Oh well, after the cars 4th visit to the local dealer with the light still on they decided to replace the DPF, luckily covered by warranty as parts costing just under £3k, time will tell if this ends my light woes but fingers crossed

Comment

Good to hear under warranty,hope it cures the issue.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Ssteve43 View Post
                    Oh well, after the cars 4th visit to the local dealer with the light still on they decided to replace the DPF, luckily covered by warranty as parts costing just under £3k, time will tell if this ends my light woes but fingers crossed
                    Fekin hell, my Vauxhall warranty is up at the end of the month, had one of the NOX sensors replaced last year, just been quoted by Vauxhall nearly £300 to extend for another year, think I may just take them up on the offer for piece of mind?

Comment

I don't think that's bad for peace of mind so long as it covers dpf/adblue system. I looked at some of the online warranty merchants and it was around £500 a year!

Comment

You're correct, was the same when I looked, Vauxhall Picadors have offered there own one through WPS for £549 for 3 years, that sounds great but you have to pay the full amount up front, 1 year is £345 and 2 was £499, everything was covered inc breakdown!

Comment

Originally posted by Ssteve43 View Post
                          My engine warning light just came on but local VX can get it booked in for 3 weeks, put a fault code reader on and I have 2 faults, Diesel particulate filter below efficiency bank 1 and control module communication bus off
                          Any advise, I have 24k on the clock, had it from new and still under warranty
                          I've had this fault so many times over the past 3+ yrs it's ridiculous, I had the car 3 months & was on to my 3rd O2 sensor, but they then said wait until September for a software update. I've had the DPF & the Bank 1 DPF sensor replaced under warranty, but after a couple of months the fault just reappears. I have recently had the P2002 DPF Bank 1 error code appear again, but this time I also had P20EE code & my car has just gave me a mileage warning for the Adblue system. I'm being told to service the Adblue system, so basically make sure the tank is topped up, which it is as I topped it up a week earlier, so think it could be a tank problem, so I hope you don't end up with this problem. This car has been a real pain for me, as I've also had the clutch & gearbox replaced, after the slave cylinder leaked & caused a problem, but I found out the slave cylinder was a know Vauxhall issue & they gave in & covered all costs (£2,000+) under warranty.

If I were you, I might consider seeing if they'll change the DPF, while it's under warranty & hopefully you might have better luck than me.

But as for this DPF fault, I am now considering getting my ECU remapped, as I've heard that can put a stop to the DPF & Adblue problems.

Comment

They finally did last week change the DPF system under warranty and so far it’s ok but just feel like am constantly waiting for the light to come back on

Comment

So here we are at 83,000 and the dreaded EML has made a new appearance absent for such a longtime. - not missedi it! No loss in performance, maybe a slight drop in fuel economy.
                              Any advice on how to deal with this as economically as possible appreciated. Want to avoid Vauxhall dealer if possible as likely to be costly. Is it worthwhile buying
                              an OBD reader to save diagnostic costs?
                              Thanks for any help here.......

Comment

First point of call would be to get a code reader that can read Vauxhall error codes. There are a good number of members on here who recommend Thinkdiag. Once you get the stored error codes then take it from there
                                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                                X