Grand Sport 2.0D engine management light woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport 2.0D engine management light woes

Thought I'd post this to see if anybody else has suffered similar issues with a Grand Sport 2.0D (March 2018 registered car).
    At 6.7K amber engine management light on - Stage 2 Nox sensor replaced (had to be ordered in from Germany).
    At 11.5K same light on. Oxygen sensor replaced.
    At 15K light on again - booked in at dealers tomorrow.
    I use BP Ultimate fuel and cover mostly motorway miles - so no blame there. I bought the car with 6K on the clock at 11 months old.
    Performance not affected - just very annoying for a newish car.

I think there was a thing with some CDTi models where, if the car was a dealer demo, its short journeys and low mileage meant the ECU didn't properly learn all the working ranges of the bits in the engine, sensors, DPF etc and therefore would keep going into limp mode when it got a reading it hadn't seen before.

In other words: an ECU learning error in its early life due to driving style.

Comment

The same happened to mine 18 plate 170 Elite about 8 months ago. Dealer changed the exhaust gas sensor, but light reappeared 2 weeks later ! . They then did something to the software and it has been fine until 3 days ago when it came back on. The car is booked in for the 1st July .
      like yours it runs fine .
      I’ve had the car from new and it’s done 9000 miles now .

Comment

Update - Got in the car this morning to go to Vauxhall and no light on! Between Friday until this morning covered 200 miles with the light constantly on.
        I still went and they ran a diagnostic check. There is a software update due to be released in August that I am told will address this problem. Let's see what happens....
        Makes me question if sensor failures was the actual problem on the previous visits.

Comment

Yes i think it’s a software issue myself mate. The light went off for a couple of days but it’s back on now .

Comment

Had same issue with mine and Arnold Clark ran test , was showing an error on gas pedal , changed last week and seems to have. Been ok so far

Comment

I had mine at the dealer 2 weeks ago for the same thing and there were no codes when they looked, light thankfully stayed on when I took it to them. They contacted Vauxhall and they said to do a software update, which was done and it hasn't came on since.

Comment

Update on mine.
                They changed the O2 sensor and that’s stopped it for now.

Comment

Update on my EML issue. Light came on at around 17700m took into garage at 18009m. Told nothing they can do until software released Aug - mid Sept other than reset/clear faults. Defect related to oxygen sensor that has already been replaced. Ran with light out for 360 miles. Now been on for 700m. Going to ask for written guarantee that this is not going to cause any issues / void my warranty more importantly.
                  Every time the light has come on the car has been on a long motorway run of 100m+.

Comment

Doesn’t sound to good that pal. My sensors came on after a motorway drive also.
                    I fully expect this issue to come back on mine in the near future , it’s making me bloody paranoid checking for the warning light all the time . ������������

Comment

Hopefully some closure on this fault. New software made available in December. Fix is also some harness clamp arrangement to prevent chaffing of cables (DPF sensor related I assume).
                      Too early to be confident that this update has rectified the issue as only covered 600 miles since software loaded on 17/12. Previously warning light went off with no intervention for 3000 miles - so time will tell.
                      Time line to sort this is from Feb 2019 when I bought the car to Dec 2019 / 6000m > 28400m

Comment

Mine has just come on, no affect to the performance, booked into VX on Wednesday, hopefully they will sort it as it seems a common fault, will keep posted! car is 2.5 years old with 39500miles, so still has VX warranty until next Feb. Just hope they can sort the problem and its not an on going issue!thead

Comment

My engine warning light just came on but local VX can get it booked in for 3 weeks, put a fault code reader on and I have 2 faults, Diesel particulate filter below efficiency bank 1 and control module communication bus off
                          Any advise, I have 24k on the clock, had it from new and still under warranty

Comment

If its still under warranty, then don't touch it or let anyone else touch it.
                            you could invalidate the warranty by doing so.

Comment

As Rab says, I would let Vauxhall sort it if it's still under warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X