Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Reverse Light 2019 Model Insignia

Good afternoon

Apologies for the below question i am noob when it comes to car electrics, I am after some assistance finding my reverse light positive wire in a 2019 Plate Insignia.

I have purchased a backup camera which plugs into a rear view mirror style dash cam. The instructions state to tap the backup camera into the positive wire on the reverse light so that when reverse is engaged the backup camera automatically displays on the rear view mirror. Now i know the reverse light is on lift up part of the boot so i have attempted to trace it to a wire into the storage area of the boot as the camera cable is not long enough to run all the way through to connect near the bulb. i have found a green and yellow wire in the boot which has voltage when the reverse light is on. I have tapped into this and the back up camera works but does not automatically come on when reverse is engaged so i am now wondering if i have tapped into the correct wire or not. My concern is that i have had to put the car into reverse and stall the car so i could get out and check the wires and i fear i may have tapped into a light that comes on when the car stalls as opposed to the reverse light.

Has anyone had success finding the reverse light, if so can anyone tell me which colour the wire is ?

Again apologies for the daft questions, i am just determined to get this finished correctly

Thanks in advance for your help

i would just extend the wire and take it to the revers bulb then you know its right

Comment

And I would plug that wire in to the fuse box which is located on the side of the boot as I believe

Comment

Working...
      X