Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID Advice for 2012 SRI CDTI

Hi all

hope that someone out there can advise, i have checked threads unfortunately none the wiser, I previously had HIDS fitted to my Vectra C made a massive difference, currently i have a 2012 SRI CDTI Insignia, lights are useless to put it mildly, is it possible to fit HIDs on my insignia ( low beam ), has anyone done so ?
    My main concern is that the light unit is not projected and dazzles other road users!

Thanks in advance

You can get the h7r kit, which has an anti dazzle strip on the bulbs. Designed for non projection headlight units.

2011. 2.0 diesel SRI VX LINE Nav

Comment

Exactly what you have said, despite there being a 'modified design' for the bulb to prevent this, it doesn't really work. I have a Grandsport which has the reflector lenses as does your preface, I fitted some LED which I think are better than HID - so long as you get the right bulb of course, AND you will be legal, HID aftermarket are illegal now... even though MOT testers will pass them happily.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
        Exactly what you have said, despite there being a 'modified design' for the bulb to prevent this, it doesn't really work. I have a Grandsport which has the reflector lenses as does your preface, I fitted some LED which I think are better than HID - so long as you get the right bulb of course, AND you will be legal, HID aftermarket are illegal now... even though MOT testers will pass them happily.
        Do you have a link for the leds... And did you have to replace the metal bulb locators. My son actually bought some led bulbs that are the exact same shape as the oe bulbs, he swears by them..

Comment

Mine are different headlights but I think the same bulb...H7? There's a link in the tagged page on lights section on this forum.

Comment

Yeah the difference between the pre facelift Insignia A lights and the Insignia B lights is the Insignia B lights have a metal sheath which the bulb sits in. There for the correct size led bulb sits within the sheath of the Insignia B which gives the light output the correct cut off. The pre facelift Insignia A doesn't have the sheath so has to much light spread causing dazzle to oncoming drivers.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Many thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated, ill let you know how I get on

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Yeah the difference between the pre facelift Insignia A lights and the Insignia B lights is the Insignia B lights have a metal sheath which the bulb sits in. There for the correct size led bulb sits within the sheath of the Insignia B which gives the light output the correct cut off. The pre facelift Insignia A doesn't have the sheath so has to much light spread causing dazzle to oncoming drivers.
                Mine have a metal sheath, which turns and pops out with the bulb. It twists and locates behind the two torx screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                  Mine have a metal sheath, which turns and pops out with the bulb. It twists and locates behind the two torx screws.

Oh right...I was led to believe there wasn't a sheath on the pre facelift A. That changes things then. Any chance of a close up pic to compare?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    Oh right...I was led to believe there wasn't a sheath on the pre facelift A. That changes things then. Any chance of a close up pic to compare?
                    https://youtu.be/a3p-URPMAoc
                    Try this, it shows the actual bulb shroud

Comment

It doesn't show the sheath I'm speaking of. The one on the Insignia B surrounds the bulb in front of the reflector. Fully visible when you look through the clear lens from the front.

As seen in this pic,

Comment

Working...
                      X