No announcement yet.

Insignia EcoFlex 2.0L MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. There's clearly something not quite right here. I've booked the vehicle in for a full service.

Fingers crossed this will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
      drive is nicely, as PeteH and MattG says - I used to get 66mpg on my old Facelft 2.0CDTI 163.
      Not on 13 mile runs

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Not on 13 mile runs
        mine was up to temp by the bridge,.. what, 4 mile away?

Comment

I certainly don't do enough mileage for a diesel. I have 2 cars I rarely use.

But I knew that going in. Petrols are just less abundant, more tax etx generally.
          I'm happy to do regens when needed, and expect more frequent oil changes. But these cost me just the price of a filter, so it's not a concern for me.

I was just surprised I need to try and get mpg to 40 ish. I'm used to diesels just achieving that.
          I have noticed they need to be kept low rpm for mpg. But it just feels so wrong, such slow acceleration at that rpm. I'm not racing around, just feels like I'm the Sunday driver holding everyone up [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            mine was up to temp by the bridge,.. what, 4 mile away?
            Yes spot on, fully warmed up on bridge slip road. The 163 has better fuel consumption than the 170, quite annoying really.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Well......I get about 4 months to a tank

And I haven't bought diesel for nearly a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Yes spot on, fully warmed up on bridge slip road. The 163 has better fuel consumption than the 170, quite annoying really.
                more so than the Grandsport,.. 46 is average at the mo,... stinks, but never mind

Comment

I put 25 quid in for each of my 3 days in.

My drive is mostly motorway and over those 3 days in I cover 220 miles.

I always leave my reserve fuel (anything below the fuel light) and still have a a little remaining for the odd short drive.

Comment

Morning All,

I'm back with another Fuel related query. The car now runs a lot smoother, with me averaging £50 every two weeks on Diesel, which is great.

However, over the last couple of weeks i've noticed that my fuel consumptions has increased a fair bit. As a rough example, i'll leave the office with 600 miles on the clock, get home and it'll say 580 for argument's sake (i'm 22 miles each way from the office to home, but let's keep this simple.)
                    I'll wake up the next morning, turn the engine on and immediately i've got 560 miles on the clock, and within a few hundred yards i've got 540 miles on the clock, all the while the diesel gauge is going down too.
                    Now this doesn't go back up the warmer the engine gets, I thought maybe this was due to the winter cold but it's getting worse.

I can't see any spills on the floor as I leave, and no strong diesel smell coming from the engine.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Cheers all.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGraham View Post
                      Morning All,

I'm back with another Fuel related query. The car now runs a lot smoother, with me averaging £50 every two weeks on Diesel, which is great.

However, over the last couple of weeks i've noticed that my fuel consumptions has increased a fair bit. As a rough example, i'll leave the office with 600 miles on the clock, get home and it'll say 580 for argument's sake (i'm 22 miles each way from the office to home, but let's keep this simple.)
                      I'll wake up the next morning, turn the engine on and immediately i've got 560 miles on the clock, and within a few hundred yards i've got 540 miles on the clock, all the while the diesel gauge is going down too.
                      Now this doesn't go back up the warmer the engine gets, I thought maybe this was due to the winter cold but it's getting worse.

I can't see any spills on the floor as I leave, and no strong diesel smell coming from the engine.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Cheers all.
                      You've answered your own question.
                      The cold weather will affect your MPG.....I'm not saying by the amount you've stated, but it does affect it.

Comment

Ah nightmare! This could be a million dollar question, but anything I can do to prevent this in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeGraham View Post
                          Ah nightmare! This could be a million dollar question, but anything I can do to prevent this in any way?
                          Move somewhere warmer!

Comment

I Was waiting for that!!!

Comment

I have the same model and year and I get 42mpg, mines chipped and I put my foot down a fair bit, you should be getting more than that!
                              Plus I live in Scotland and it's been really cold and I haven't noticed much of a change
                              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I barely put my foot down, I drive like an old lady to ensure that £50 lasts two weeks!
                                Is it normal to "Lose Miles" that many miles on the clock once the engine is started?
                                As RBH said the cold will affect it, but I think losing 20-30 miles everytime the engine
                                starts is a bit crazy. This has only been happening the last few weeks / Month tops.

Is there any kind of maintenance that I should be doing to help with the situation? Change any filters, take it for a service etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X