Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATER under carpet?!

Hi,

My 2009 insignia has absolutely soaked drivers side (driver and drivers side rear passenger) foot wells, to the point that if you press down on the carpet, you can actually hear water sloshing around.

Any ideas what has caused this?

Had a huge amount of water in the boot under the spare wheel a few months ago, only got a few drops now which just gives me more questions really. No idea how it could spread across one side of the car and the boot and nothing in between (not on seats or trim etc)

Many thanks

Is your catheter bag ok?

Comment

You don’t happen to have the panorama roof option? They can cause a lot of leakage when the drains are blocked.

Comment

2009 is preface so more than likely the bungs under the doors are blocked? Open either of the doors and rock them quickly, do you get any sloshing?

I believe the field remedy is just remove them completely

Comment

Did you ever got to the root cause of the water in the boot under the spare wheel ? .
          Water will track between 2 surfaces ( capillary attraction ) like soldering
          So it's on the drivers side either front or rear or side but low down .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
            2009 is preface so more than likely the bungs under the doors are blocked? Open either of the doors and rock them quickly, do you get any sloshing?

I believe the field remedy is just remove them completely
            I had this and removed the bungs, so unless that’s actually causing it which I don’t believe it could due to the shape of the door...

I’m so stuck! Can’t even figure out how to pull the carpet up

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              Did you ever got to the root cause of the water in the boot under the spare wheel ? .
              Water will track between 2 surfaces ( capillary attraction ) like soldering
              So it's on the drivers side either front or rear or side but low down .

Hmmm, any ideas where to look?

Comment

Look at this thread for starters .https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/18281-Water-in-boot
                Best thing is get a garden hose and run it over the car with you and torch inside too see if you can pin point any areas .
                Another thing and this is slightly off topic , do you use your aircon a lot ? , could be a case of the condensing water entering the cabin ? Fist thing is try to remove the door kick plate trims and lift a bit of the carpet and see what colour the water is .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Did you ever get a solution to this?

Comment

Originally posted by raftery View Post
                    Did you ever get a solution to this?
                    I pulled the carpet up, all soaked, found that someone else had taped over factory made holes in the body which looked like water could have entered from the rear wheel wells. Tape was all in place though, and water seemed to just begin further down in the insulation (ie insulation near the holes wasn’t wet at all). Made no sense.

Found that the rear lights have male plastic fittings that slot into the body, and if the body’s rubber gaskets aren’t perfect, water pours in here. Siliconed them to improve the gaskets and had no issues since.

Not sure how water could physically get from the boot to the cabin in a saloon body though.

Comment

Capillary attraction .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I found the same problem with mine, the seal above the boot is mounted to a big plastic plate, on mine the whole plate could move, I pushed it around untill it seemed to click into place, and no water has come in since, hopefully it's as simple at that
                        Last edited by Jakxta; 19-11-2019, 11:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
                        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                        X