No announcement yet.

Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say baz you have done extremely well to get to 182,000 miles without this failure
    But you got to ask yourself the big question, how much you want to pay to get it fixed ? There are engine refurbishment companies that can supply engines from £1000 upwards .with warranty and your unit on exchange.
    If you were thinking of getting a second had engine out of a damaged car then you will not know if the same will happen and with them there's possibly no warranty.
    If as suggested go for a A19DTH then there's problems with different ECU / wiring
    And of course there's the labour content with all thease options .
    But I know you have proberly look at thease and you feel right peeved off .
    It's ok us giving you ideas , but at the end it's whatever you feel you can afford .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for that mate yeah I did come across a site a while bk that offers an engine swap sort of thing, can't remember what it is now, kind of like ask a builder but for cars , I really don't know what to do, even my mechanic doesn't know what to suggest for the best

Comment

Ok so mechanic just got in touch , he said the clutch and flywheel are knackered,the flywheel is shot to bits, which explains the juddering and loss of speed ? But this can't be connected to the oil pressure ,? Can it ?

Comment

No it can't .has he said that the engine is knackered ? .
          If the engine is ok then whilst he's doing the fly wheel clutch then might as well do the oil seal .
          That's as long as the engine is ok .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

He will check it all tomorr mate and if it's ok he will change the clutch and flywheel

Comment

And seal m8.
              [emoji1696]

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                And seal m8.
                [emoji1696]
                Yes and seal haha

Comment

Just a quick update, mechanic has txt to say there's small metal bits the oil filter, that's all he's said, I've read a few posts about this and some have said it's not a major worry, but what would this be ? Could it be from before when my cambelt snapped at 85mph ? Or is it from the clutch/flywheel that's shot to bits ?

Comment

Defo wont be from clutch, or flywheel
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      Defo wont be from clutch, or flywheel
                      Ok mate, any ideas , rocker arms / rockers ? 6 of those were shattered

Comment

Possibly mate,has oil not been changed since
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yes mate, oil was changed then and not so long back aswell with a service

Comment

So these metal particles could be from the latest episode ,,that's what I'm thinking anyway,,does the engine turn over if you put a spanner on bottom pulley

Comment

I'm not sure mate will ring the mechanic later when I get out of the house, if he says yes is that a good sign ?

Comment

It's better than been locked solid,but,,it doesn't mean theres no interior damage,I'm afraid

Comment

Working...
                                X