No announcement yet.

Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on how big are those metal pieces and where they came from. Very often they coming from this part

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
      It all depends on how big are those metal pieces and where they came from. Very often they coming from this part
      What is that part please

Comment

Update, mechanics just got in touch and said he's put new oil in and filter , put the new oil seal in aswell, put it back together and left it idling and the low oil pressure light came back on but when he revved it it disappeared, he doesn't know why the light came on , he said maybe it could do with a run , and asked me if he should carry on with the clutch and flywheel, he said it sounds rattly , I said yeah just do it

Comment

No.34X

He should check them as well when he had oil sump off

If you won't fix low oil pressure issue than there is no point doing clutch and dmf.

I would get sorted oil pressure problem first.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
            What is that part please
            Big end bearings
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ok thanks guys I will let him know now

Comment

Would they still cause the oil pressure light

Comment

If they are worn or damaged and he left them on the car than you can expect more serious damages to your car very very soon. And they are often getting worn due to oil pressure issues.

Comment

Would they still cause the oil pressure light
                    if youre still getting the low oil pressure message,after replacing the seal,,id next be checking the pump itself
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It could be some wire worn as well or faulty oil pressure sensor

Comment

Or the bearings, damaged by the lack of oil from the failed seal are now pissing so much oil, oil pressure cannot be maintained. Remember the tolerances are thousands of an inch.

Comment

Update : hey guys so I think my Sri has had it, mechanic said he had fixed the oil seal and the oil pressure , also done the clutch and flywheel , but when he started the motor it sounded rough as fu## , no more low oil pressure warning but looks like it's had it I loved my car

Comment

Read the codes again, also did he checked those big end bearing things?

Comment

Ok so rang the mechanic today and he said everything was checked , but still won't turn over, I don't know whether to tell him to stop altogether and sell it as a non starter

Comment

Ok so rang the mechanic today and he said everything was checked , but still won't turn over, I don't know whether to tell him to stop altogether and sell it as a non starter
                                The bottom end sounds seized by sounds of it,either a rebuild,or new engine required ,im afraid to say

Comment

Working...
                                X