Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure warning

Hiya everyone, hope your all well, I was on my journey from barrow in Furness to port Talbot and I was about 15 miles from the M4 newport and I noticed when I accelerated there was a slight juddering and the power just wasn't there, no engine management light on either, and when I was changing gear the clutch was acting in a way it never has done ever, anyway as soon as I get on the M4 I could hear a weird noise and a message on the dash said OIL PRESSURE LOW WARNING, stop engine, so I did and phoned recovery, it's going in the garage over the weekend, another expensive job no doubt☹️

. Yeap, probably second engine, or complete rebuild

park your car somewhere and don't use it, and pray that the bottom end is ok.

What's your milage, year, how long you having it, did you replace oil pump pick up seal?

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
      . Yeap, probably second engine, or complete rebuild

park your car somewhere and don't use it, and pray that the bottom end is ok.

What's your milage, year, how long you having it, did you replace oil pump pick up seal?
      It's on 182 thousand and no ain't replaced anything , had the car since 95thousand about 3 years ago, as soon as it said switch engine off I did, and didn't turn it over

Comment

Seal should be replaced when you had it at 95k

In that case I suspect that oil pump seal to be at fault and killed the engine.
        Sorry m8

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
          Seal should be replaced when you had it at 95k

In that case I suspect that oil pump seal to be at fault and killed the engine.
          Sorry m8
          Mechanic told me today I need a new engine☹️ yeah Asif I got over a grand in my back pocket, I'm spewing , have no idea at all what to do now

Comment

Sorry, I would probably look to swap engine from Vectra C a20dth. At least the bottom end.
            How much fitter said it would cost you?

Comment

He hasn't give me a price mate, so is my engine fixable, bottom end ?

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                Mechanic told me today I need a new engine☹️ yeah Asif I got over a grand in my back pocket, I'm spewing , have no idea at all what to do now
                You have been on the forum a while now Baz. You surely have seen the many posts about this oil pickup seal?
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Well depending on the damage has been done.
                  But yet again it won't be cheap as the engine has to be rebuilt but on the 1.9 CDTI Vectra c base instead of 2.0 CDTI Insignia.
                  Saab are similar too I think.

Just for the statistics purposes only, what year was it?

You have 2 options, sell it as it is or for parts or repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                    You have been on the forum a while now Baz. You surely have seen the many posts about this oil pickup seal?
                    Nope I haven't , or if I did I can't remember it

Comment

It's 59 plate

Comment

possibly could be repaired,,new big end bearings,and a crankshaft regrind,,but wont be cheap with all the labour charges … think id be pretty worried if mine were a older high mileage car,as its a daily occurrence when you read the facebook insignia groups . hope you get it sorted
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It's on 180 odd thou, I don't think I've come across this problem on the forums, sure I haven't, and I'm not on Facebook either and didn't know about the insignia group [emoji3525]

Comment

the rubber seal between the oil pump and oil pick up pipe deteriorates,and perishes over time,allowing the pump to suck air,instead of all oil,resulting in oil starvation,and engine failure,,infrequent oil changes,and interrupted dpf regens can also add to the deterioration of said seal..the seal itself is less then 20 quid from vx,so its a bit of a pisser how such a cheap part can lead to catastrophic engine failure.....piss poor design flaw imo

if ive still got my current one this time next year,,i think ill have the sump off,and change it myself
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              the rubber seal between the oil pump and oil pick up pipe deteriorates,and perishes over time,allowing the pump to suck air,instead of all oil,resulting in oil starvation,and engine failure,,infrequent oil changes,and interrupted dpf regens can also add to the deterioration of said seal..the seal itself is less then 20 quid from vx,so its a bit of a pisser how such a cheap part can lead to catastrophic engine failure.....piss poor design flaw imo

if ive still got my current one this time next year,,i think ill have the sump off,and change it myself
                              Nightmare this is, ok well I know now

Comment

Working...
                              X