No announcement yet.

Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yip sounds that way , paying for a clutch/flywheel and the oil seal in the pump plus all the labour for f all, ☹️

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
      Yip sounds that way , paying for a clutch/flywheel and the oil seal in the pump plus all the labour for f all, ☹️
      gutting mate,,,far too common a fault for such a cheap,and poxy rubber seal
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
        Update, mechanics just got in touch and said he's put new oil in and filter , put the new oil seal in as well, put it back together and left it idling and the low oil pressure light came back on but when he revved it it disappeared, he doesn't know why the light came on , he said maybe it could do with a run , and asked me if he should carry on with the clutch and flywheel, he said it sounds rattly , I said yeah just do it
        Think I would be questioning the ability of this !!!!mechanic!!!! to suggest "it could do with a run" after saying its "rattly" is A big NO, NO until oil pressure is checked and fixed, chance's are if its fixable now after giving it "a Run" it will be second recovery but will be not repairable by that point.

Comment

Spoke to him again,he said the oil pressure was sorted and no more messages saying low oil pressure , so I think that's the end of my car for good , what a crap design on an engine, it's been a well looked after car, serviced regularly aswell

Comment

UPDATE : the mechanic has called it a day now on my Sri, I'm gutted to be honest, reconditioned engines are from £800 upto £1500 then there would be the labour costs on top of that, aswell the bill I'm gonna get for the work he's done on it , looks like another cheap car for me, might go back to a veccy c Sri , seen a lovely white one in Luton the other day, gone now though

Comment

There is an option to swap the bottom end from 1.9 CDTI but i don't think that your mechanic would do it properly

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                There is an option to swap the bottom end from 1.9 CDTI but i don't think that your mechanic would do it properly
                Ok , can I buy the bottom ends ready to go ?

Comment

Nope, it needs few modifications. Personally I haven't done it but I have seen like someone else done it on another forum. Unfortunately that was in polish and russian language. But it's possible to do and 1/3 cheaper.
                  I didn't hear about anyone who has done it here on this forum or similar.
                  Try to Google something

Here's one on polish forum, so if you have any Polish friend at work or something as him if he could to translate for you. Or try Google Translator but not recommended.

Witam, jak w temacie interesuje mnie czy podejdzie elektryka i ecu z 2.0 ... Może ktoś się orientuje w tym troszkę lepiej? Jednostka 1.9 z astry czy zafiry bym

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                    Nope, it needs few modifications. Personally I haven't done it but I have seen like someone else done it on another forum. Unfortunately that was in polish and russian language. But it's possible to do and 1/3 cheaper.
                    I didn't hear about anyone who has done it here on this forum or similar.
                    Try to Google something

Here's one on polish forum, so if you have any Polish friend at work or something as him if he could to translate for you. Or try Google Translator but not recommended.

https://insignia-club.pl/viewtopic.php?t=2742
                    Ok mate cheers for this

Comment

Hi
                      If this happens to so many Insignias you would have thought that Vauxhall would have told all owners to have the seal changed at some point to stop this Major fault, as mine went last week and another member also said theirs went the week before, I have thought about going to my local Vauxhall and asking them this question, I have had many arguments with them regards the other things that always go wrong, Power steering pipe, water lead from plastic casing, they reckon they have never heard of any of these faults, I told them to check the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by peter.carroll View Post
                        Hi
                        If this happens to so many Insignias you would have thought that Vauxhall would have told all owners to have the seal changed at some point to stop this Major fault, as mine went last week and another member also said theirs went the week before, I have thought about going to my local Vauxhall and asking them this question, I have had many arguments with them regards the other things that always go wrong, Power steering pipe, water lead from plastic casing, they reckon they have never heard of any of these faults, I told them to check the internet.
                        They have lessons on how to keep a poker face while lying.

Comment

Is there a list of tools and things I’d need to do this job? Gonna tackle it one day next month

Comment

On youtube there's a video how to..

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                              Is there a list of tools and things I’d need to do this job? Gonna tackle it one day next month
                              wouldn't have thought you southern softies got your hands dirty
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not me the missus

Comment

Working...
                                X