No announcement yet.

Oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE , so had the price for all the work done, £760 for new clutch and flywheel, oil sump off and renewed the oil pick up seal, new oil new filter and obviously the labour, so next step guys I think is to sell it as a non starter, any idea on how much I could get for it, not much prob

Comment

Also I'm going to go back to a Vectra, either a 1.8 Sri petrol or a 2.0 cdti , the vectras didn't suffer that oil pick up failure did they ? Any one know of any good ones for sale let me know got about £1000 - £1200

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
        UPDATE , so had the price for all the work done, £760 for new clutch and flywheel, oil sump off and renewed the oil pick up seal, new oil new filter and obviously the labour, so next step guys I think is to sell it as a non starter, any idea on how much I could get for it, not much prob
        Probs get more breaking it,if you have space and time
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

[QUOTE=exclusiv.;312897]Probs get more breaking it,if you have space and time[/QUOTE

Yeah true mate but I need to sell really, I will take the pedal box off but won't get much for that

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
            Is there a list of tools and things I’d need to do this job? Gonna tackle it one day next month
            I sold my Insignia on Gumtree, and the person who bought it said the Crank Shaft bearings had gone and the Oil pump had gone, he said he wanted to keep the car for himself so he was going to change the engine.

This was a Polish Mechanic.

Comment

Are all Insignia engines affected by this issue ? My car just come to 90,000 miles, do I need to get this changed ?

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
                Are all Insignia engines affected by this issue ? My car just come to 90,000 miles, do I need to get this changed ?
                If I was u mate I would get this sorted

Comment

Has anyone done this mod and found original seal ok ?

Comment

I think they all start to go hard
                    There was a thread not so long ago a member who runs a fleet of taxis he changed his at about 140.000 miles and said his did not look too bad . also Baz insignia had quite high mileage..but when I had an insignia the oil pressure warning started comming on and that was at 100.000 miles.but only when outside temperature was below freezing.
                    So there's no knowing.but as Baz says get it done as soon as . peace of mind.

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X