DPF light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF light

Hi, I have my first diesel car and I've been reading about the DPF. My instrument cluster is just like the one attached. There is no DPF light to illuminate. Would the notification come up on the display screen instead? I see there is a place for the adblue light, but my car doesn't need adblue. Anybody have a similar panel? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190701_182253.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	249101
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190701_183423.jpg
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	249102

if you switch the screen to the top consumers screen,during a regen ,the" rear defrost " will appear in there,without the switch being illuminated. after the regen is completed rear defrost will disappear
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      if you switch the screen to the top consumers screen,during a regen ,the" rear defrost " will appear in there,without the switch being illuminated. after the regen is completed rear defrost will disappear
      *if that screen is enabled. Mine isn't

IIRC they disabled the light as when it was illuminated too many people took the car to the dealership moaning of a light on the dashboard.

The telltales that it is doing a regen is when the engine is warm the idle revs are at 1000 rpm and the rear demister turns on (you'll only feel it warm, it doesn't show the light under the radio)

Wait for the revs to drop back to 800ish and then turn the car off (If you have reached your destination that is, if not just carry on )

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
        *if that screen is enabled. Mine isn't

IIRC they disabled the light as when it was illuminated too many people took the car to the dealership moaning of a light on the dashboard.

The telltales that it is doing a regen is when the engine is warm the idle revs are at 1000 rpm and the rear demister turns on (you'll only feel it warm, it doesn't show the light under the radio)

Wait for the revs to drop back to 800ish and then turn the car off (If you have reached your destination that is, if not just carry on )
        Maybe I misunderstand you but you know you can enable that screen, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan View Post
          Maybe I misunderstand you but you know you can enable that screen, right?
          Only if it is an available option in the screens selection, which it isn't

Comment

What on earth is THAT symbol? Never seen it before, looks like a pair of binoculars flying over some water...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190702_175847.jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	243300
            Or maybe an exhaust wearing sunglasses?
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

There is no dedicated light for DPF regen on dashboard you can fit it for yourself using this guide

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                What on earth is THAT symbol? Never seen it before, looks like a pair of binoculars flying over some water...
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1619[/ATTACH]
                Or maybe an exhaust wearing sunglasses?
                That will the low ad blue warning light.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                X