Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second Insignia

Forum Key Rings
    Hi All,
    On my second Insignia, My Grey SRI and I parted company, I was sitting stationary on fast A road waiting to turn right for around 15 seconds , when BANG I was rear ended by a small car transporter Transit type thing doing about 50mph (with a car on the back) pushing me into oncoming taking a head on hit, A bit banged up to say the least,
    Name:  IMG_0040.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  127.5 KB

I have now got a Elite 2.0D

Name:  35551547_1861374587217986_1708509128168570880_o.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  208.3 KB

done more to this than the first, no idea why, but, windows tinted, Mtech discs/EBC Black pads, remap, front speaker upgraded, standard wheels now Black, and next week twin exhaust conversion, couple of things to decide on that, but definitely being done, Reversing camera fitted with Active guidelines.

Future work, Rear Speakers, see how it sounds, then possibly Amp and Sub, not looking for booming volume, just a nice sound across multiple genres

Cheers

Member of Marko's black wheels Club PeteH's Avatar
    Car
    1.5T SRi Nav GS, lava red, bi-colour alloys, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That shunt looks nasty, were you ok?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!)

3. Thanks mbthejester Thanked
    Likes mbthejester liked
    Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice car mate
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Gloss black roof wrap.

5. Thanks mbthejester Thanked
    Likes mbthejester liked
    Car
    Elite ecoflex, black with black 10 spoke wheels limo black rear tints
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit banged up to say the least, luckily an off duty paramedic was there and had me immobilized, and then medics had me strapped to a board IV`s the works, Cop said If I was in anything smaller or not as well built as the Insignia I would have been hosed out of the car , got to keep the humour even in adversity , love the Elite, so different to the SRI in so many ways.

Name:  IMG_0016.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  132.5 KB

Merc he was carry broke free under the impact and went into the back of his cab, turns out he had never been down that road before and got distracted by one of these coming in to land

Name:  Lakenheath-0106.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  26.2 KB

Which is what I was on my way to photograph, but never made it

Have to laugh, suppose it was a bit of a shock one of these appearing in front of him pretty quick as it crossed the road

with one taking off not 200m away on full burners, and they are very loud if you have not been close to them !

Name:  untitled-85.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  36.1 KB

Cheers

The Stig
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're ok after the crash and good to hear the Insignia stood up well to the impact. New one looks lovely!

Are you sure it wouldn't have just buffed out though?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Member of Marko's black wheels Club PeteH's Avatar
    Car
    1.5T SRi Nav GS, lava red, bi-colour alloys, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a bit of plastic padding and t-cut, good as new!
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!)

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers chaps, its a time thing, taking photos was more important than getting a screwdriver out and the Tcut��, The Insgnia has my faith in crash protection, in fact 3 of my workmates with youngsters have all got one now as a result, still put a smile on my face everyday like the first.

Cheers

Car
    Insignia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ouch man

11. Likes mbthejester liked
    Car
    Insignia SRI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fark ! Lucky fella!

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

13. Likes mbthejester liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes indeed, lucky for me I chose the Insignia, cant believe how much of a battering it took, cant see it in the photo, but but floor had been nigh on ripped out and near side light cluster area was nearly touching the back seat, rudy strong motors thankfully!

15. Likes grumpano liked

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast