Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Insignia

Hi All,
    On my second Insignia, My Grey SRI and I parted company, I was sitting stationary on fast A road waiting to turn right for around 15 seconds , when BANG I was rear ended by a small car transporter Transit type thing doing about 50mph (with a car on the back) pushing me into oncoming taking a head on hit, A bit banged up to say the least,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	249103

I have now got a Elite 2.0D

Name:	35551547_1861374587217986_1708509128168570880_o.jpg
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	249104

done more to this than the first, no idea why, but, windows tinted, Mtech discs/EBC Black pads, remap, front speaker upgraded, standard wheels now Black, and next week twin exhaust conversion, couple of things to decide on that, but definitely being done, Reversing camera fitted with Active guidelines.

Future work, Rear Speakers, see how it sounds, then possibly Amp and Sub, not looking for booming volume, just a nice sound across multiple genres

Cheers

That shunt looks nasty, were you ok?
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

nice car mate
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Bit banged up to say the least, luckily an off duty paramedic was there and had me immobilized, and then medics had me strapped to a board IV`s the works, Cop said If I was in anything smaller or not as well built as the Insignia I would have been hosed out of the car , got to keep the humour even in adversity , love the Elite, so different to the SRI in so many ways.

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	243301

Merc he was carry broke free under the impact and went into the back of his cab, turns out he had never been down that road before and got distracted by one of these coming in to land

Name:	Lakenheath-0106.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	243302

Which is what I was on my way to photograph, but never made it

Have to laugh, suppose it was a bit of a shock one of these appearing in front of him pretty quick as it crossed the road

with one taking off not 200m away on full burners, and they are very loud if you have not been close to them !

Name:	untitled-85.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	243303

Cheers

Comment

Glad you're ok after the crash and good to hear the Insignia stood up well to the impact. New one looks lovely!

Are you sure it wouldn't have just buffed out though?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah, a bit of plastic padding and t-cut, good as new!
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Cheers chaps, its a time thing, taking photos was more important than getting a screwdriver out and the Tcut��, The Insgnia has my faith in crash protection, in fact 3 of my workmates with youngsters have all got one now as a result, still put a smile on my face everyday like the first.

Cheers

Comment

ouch man

Comment

Fark ! Lucky fella!

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
                  The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Yes indeed, lucky for me I chose the Insignia, cant believe how much of a battering it took, cant see it in the photo, but but floor had been nigh on ripped out and near side light cluster area was nearly touching the back seat, rudy strong motors thankfully!

Comment

Can vouch for that they are a very strong car indeed after I wrote my 1st Insignia off. Came away without a scratch on me, just a bit of a stiff neck

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        Can vouch for that they are a very strong car indeed after I wrote my 1st Insignia off. Came away without a scratch on me, just a bit of a stiff neck

feck me,what happened there ?
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Coming off the motorway onto slip road, had a sneezing fit, hit the start of the armco barrier 50-60mph and was like a ramp. Launched into the air, landed on its side then on the roof then slid up the slip road and parked lovely on the hard shoulder. Was very lucky. But what I found unbelievable was that not one airbag deployed
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Coming off the motorway onto slip road, had a sneezing fit, hit the start of the armco barrier 50-60mph and was like a ramp. Launched into the air, landed on its side then on the roof then slid up the slip road and parked lovely on the hard shoulder. Was very lucky. But what I found unbelievable was that not one airbag deployed
                            Indeed,very lucky

Comment

You should have bought a red insignia and got a confederate flag on the roof

Comment

Working...
                              X