Oil life remaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil life remaining

Hi to all, got a quick question had a full service done two weeks ago done only 400 miles and my oil life remaining dropped to 89%, I had today message exhaust cleaning keep driving, anyone can advice me on that what is wrong please, why is oil life dropped so quickly?

Sounds like your dpf is full,probs due to incomplete regenerations
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Must admit that the numerous dpf cleaning cycles is the main reason I switched to a petrol. Lousy mpg, but no more driving at 60 in 3rd to complete the cycle.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah, but what's is to dpf regen do for my oil life dropped so quickly

Comment

Originally posted by gulomet86 View Post
          Yeah, but what's is to dpf regen do for my oil life dropped so quickly
          If your getting failed regens, which you must be to get the keep driving messages, your oil takes the brunt of the failed regen. As far as I'm aware, and il be corrected I know , when a regen fails the extra fuel used to get exhaust gases upto temperature is dumped into the oil.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

So is nothing to worry about it or?

Comment

If your getting failed regens because your switching off then OK, tey to let them finish. If there is a problem and the engine isn't finishing the regens this needs looking at. Obviously the more failed regens the quicker the oil life drops and the more often you will get keep driving message. If it clears on that regen then your spending more time driving around with a partially blocked sytem

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                Must admit that the numerous dpf cleaning cycles is the main reason I switched to a petrol. Lousy mpg, but no more driving at 60 in 3rd to complete the cycle.
                don't need to,,just drive normally
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  don't need to,,just drive normally
                  Agreed, in fact remove regen light and forget about them . Regen will even finish with car on tick over sat on drive.

Comment

True, Regen will even finish with car on tick over sat on drive. However you need to know that regen begun first. That's the whole idea of having dpf LED light.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                      True, Regen will even finish with car on tick over sat on drive. However you need to know that regen begun first. That's the whole idea of having dpf LED light.
                      What you need to do is drive a diesel as it is supposed to do: drive long distances. The “keep driving” message only happens after a number of failed regens. A regen normally takes about 20 km, so when it happens means the car never makes a lot of miles in one trip. I doubt if it’s even reaches normal operating temperature.

Comment

So you saying that all DPD, ups, royal mail etc, all the local delivery vehicles are petrol ones as they don't do a long trips?

I use my 2013 CDTI sri locally mainly and no issues at all.
                        Once every two weeks I'm taking her for a good run just before regen starts, and I know when it will happen thanks to my dpf LED light and OBD2 app.

Comment

Hi to all, the main question was why is my oil life dropped so quick within 2 weeks and after 400 miles driving from 100% to 89%

Comment

Might be many different things

Comment

And failed regens

Comment

Working...
                              X