Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers

Wanting to upgrade the front and rear speakers, anyone tried these

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for JVC CS-J620X 2-Way 16.51 cm WooferCar Speaker at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Anyone know the size of the dash speaker and is it worth upgrading

Comment

not worth upgrading it mate
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Any one know the size of the female connectors that connect to aftermarket speakers, 6.3mm ?

Comment

You need to amplify the front speakers as you wont notice any difference without. Tbh JVC arnt the best the GM ones are prolly better in the first place

Comment

There is a deep misunderstanding regarding the 'power rating' of speakers. A speaker may be rated at, say, 65 watts, but this is indicative of the maximum input from the amplifier that it can handle. If the amp is only 20 watts, then that's all you'll get irrespective of the rating of the speakers. There's also impedence to consider - most amps will be rated for 4 or 8 ohms, stick an 8 ohm speaker on a 4 ohm amp and you will notice a reduction in volume. Conversely, a 4 ohm speaker on an 8 ohm amp may sound louder, but much of this will be due to distortion from mismatched components.
            If you want more volume, you'll need to upgrade the amp, and ensure that the speakers are suitably matched.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Just wanting more bass, with increased volume

Could anyone provide a link to point me in the right direction , a decent budget

Comment

I dont know about budget as their all the same i went for these and have had them in for some time. I also have them amped

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MB Quart QX 165 CF 16 5cm Coax Speaker Pair for AUDI A4 Door at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

the amp that runs them

dont go off watts go off rms thats the true power

Comment

You will also need speaker adaptors :

Comment

Cheers, can you get a harness so it's just plug n play

Comment

you can just snip the wires and put a male and female connector to them i dont know about a harness

Comment

We rewired mine completely took the loom out the doors and ran oxygen free cable from the amp and head unit

Comment

So it's just a case of getting a live feed to the amp then bud

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                            So it's just a case of getting a live feed to the amp then bud
                            Yea run it straight from the battery theirs a rubber gromet behind the glovebox to give access to the engine bay a simple inline fuse in the engine bay then straight to the amp i placed the amp on therear of the back seat

Comment

Did ya bass increase with the added volume or get distorted

Comment

Working...
                              X