X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper insert removal

Hi All,
    Tried to find the info, so forgive asking if it has been covered,
    Going for the twin exhaust setup on my Elite diesel, have an insert coming for the twin visible pipes, great bargain at £20 now looking at mine I can see 12 fixings, 4 tx and various clips, question is A. Method for clip removal, never had to do the rivet looking ones before B. Are they reusable or best get new anyway ?

My insert has a smaller trim piece fitted, with 3 vertical vanes does the twin visible use the same or similar? cannot work it out from pics I have seen, also have option of cutting existing away to reveal clips to make access easier if needs be, but still be handy to know how clips actually work for that part..

Many Thanks
    Mark

I can answer the rivet one...Yes they're reusable. You get something thin like a small screwdriver or a bradawl and poke the middle pin out (just pushes straight through it...Keep it for replacing). Then the main clip just pulls out. When you put it back on just push the clip into place and push the middle pin back in.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Brilliant thank you, I would stuffed that then was thinking pull pin out not push.

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X