Extended Regen Periods ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Regen Periods ???????

When i first had my car i fitted a 'Regen LED' and then started to notice it doing a Regen about once every week...or so, which i wasn't too bothered about..

However a few months ago i had a problem with the Mass Airflow Sensor and a tiny split in the Boost pipe, had these replaced and all is well, however I've since noticed that Regen's are fewer and more apart, about once every two to three weeks..

So here's the question,
    Is it at all possible that the new parts are contributing to the 'extended' period between the Regen's ?..or has it cleared all the crap out normally, and the 'fewer' Regen's are purely down to the E.G.R. being a lot cleaner than it was?...

(it also sailed through the emissions test on it's MOT a couple of weeks ago)
    Chris

every 2 weeks religiously for mine chris,as have my previous 2....or about 400/450 mls
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine does it about once every month but I don't do a lot of miles---best thing I had fitted [by Dave@exclusiv] was the Led in the tweeter-----Dave

Comment

Excuse my ignorance folks but what exactly is a regen?

Comment

Originally posted by danbreen View Post
          Excuse my ignorance folks but what exactly is a regen?

Comment

If the map sensor failed potential for over fuelling causing more carbon build up. Now it's replace fuelling will be correct. That would be my theory anyway.

Comment

I do 45k kms a year and get one every 800-900kms

Comment

Working...
              X