1.5T 165 SRi VX-Line Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insignia18 View Post
    Yeah probably take bad at first, don’t get it until a week today and it’s 60 mile away so will check as soon as I see it, might be a wee bonus if it has one although I imagine it wouldn’t of been missed in advert if it had one. Wasn’t a Vauxhall dealer though so you never know
    I bought a silver one from Motorpoint which was an ex rental car, had 20" wheels, phone pocket and the reverse camera as well, but I rejected it within the month and sent it back. Bought a Cosmic Grey one from a VX Dealer in Worksop and was identical in spec. One of my neighbours has bought the same as me, same colour, 10 months older, but has rear wiper, parking sensors and keyless entry

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
      I bought a silver one from Motorpoint which was an ex rental car, had 20" wheels, phone pocket and the reverse camera as well, but I rejected it within the month and sent it back. Bought a Cosmic Grey one from a VX Dealer in Worksop and was identical in spec. One of my neighbours has bought the same as me, same colour, 10 months older, but has rear wiper, parking sensors and keyless entry
      Just shows you so many differences, the other one I seen was similar but had sensors, more miles though and the one I went for was immaculate. Tried to avoid Arnold Clark so got one from John Clark, someone traded it in for a Range Rover.

Comment

Keyless was standard on all spec at launch. It was the first thing they dropped. I've got used to using it and like it but it's only a bragging right really like a lot of options. I've never had a problem with the lane keep. Indicate to change lanes and it minds its own business. I did hear they're doing an update so collision assist sees pheasants.

Get some Rain X on the back window. That should help it stay clear between washes.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Bit weird that it's got reversing camera but no parking sensors? I find that the camera is useful, but I still park better using door mirrors and reversing sensors, I think it's because the 'predictive path' that the camera displays takes into account the angle of the front wheels, it makes my parking (more) crooked. And although I've got auto parking I've only used it once and it was dreadful.

(Nice motor, by the way, and don't listen to anyone on here trying to convince you to get your wheels refinished in black!)
          Last edited by PeteH; 05-07-2019, 09:59 AM.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I don't see a reverse camera in the pic. It's not that clear when you zoom in but it's clear enough to see there is nothing above the numberplate (I think that's where they sit).
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              Bit weird that it's got reversing camera but no parking sensors? I find that the camera is useful, but I still park better using door mirrors and reversing sensors, I think it's because the 'predictive path' that the camera displays takes into account the angle of the front wheels, it makes my parking (more) crooked. And although I've got auto parking I've only used it once and it was dreadful.

(Nice motor, by the way, and don't listen to anyone on here trying to convince you to get your wheels refinished in black!)
              that's bob on, I use the mirrors to reverse, then the camera to get close to the wall etc - rather than slamming the anchors on when I've still got 20ft left!!

Comment

reversing camera...
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah had a look but def doesn’t look like it has. Either way after seeing it I loved it and knew I was getting it, haha don’t usually do much to cars, buy a car you like and keep it standard. Had my Astra 1.8 sporthatch SRi with XP kit for 9 years and all I done was indicator surrounds and fitted cruise control. Same this time round, won’t do anything to this [emoji1362] looking forward to getting it playing about and see what like inside at night

Comment

reversing camera...
                    Yeah that's it. Its where I thought it was. I don't see one in the rear view pic. It is a bit fuzzy zoomed in but should see the black of the camera against the white of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia18 View Post
                      Yeah had a look but def doesn’t look like it has. Either way after seeing it I loved it and knew I was getting it, haha don’t usually do much to cars, buy a car you like and keep it standard. Had my Astra 1.8 sporthatch SRi with XP kit for 9 years and all I done was indicator surrounds and fitted cruise control. Same this time round, won’t do anything to this [emoji1362] looking forward to getting it playing about and see what like inside at night
                      You can always get rear sensors fitted if you feel the need.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        You can always get rear sensors fitted if you feel the need.
                        Wouldn’t need but would of been nice is it a big job? What kind of price any idea?

Comment

It depends really. Prices start at under 20 quid to buy and fit the basic bleeping ones yourself. Then prices go from there. Probably best getting them fitted by a place that fits them. Only problem with ones that show zones is there's usually an after market gadget sat on your dash. Something I don't personally like. Factory fitted option like mine show the zones in the drivers screen but not sure if Vauxhall will or can incorporate them after the initial build. There's a few techy members on here...Plasm is your man to ask if it's possible to go down the OEM route.

It's surprising what a difference the basic bleeping ones make though. I had them fitted to my previous Insignia and they served me well.

Comment

You'll love the safety features. Lane keep steers you back into lane if you wander close the the white lines. Collision assist warns you of a possible collision and even brakes for you if you don't act. Same with pedestrian alert. The car will warn and brake the same. I love it!
                            I've never got to the point where its done any braking for me.....yet!!

I turn the lane keep off straight away,.. hate it, feels like the car tracking is buggered!! Collision alert needs updating to detect pheasants....
                            I wasnt keen at first but now i'm used to it i leave it on, same with stop\start...wasnt keen at first but now use it quite a lot as i'm sat in traffic in Derby!!

In terms of spec mines a Tourer SRi built in Jan 2018....i've got the privacy glass, colour coded shark fin, rear wiper and when it comes to keyless it depends what we're classing as keyless. Mine has the button to start and stop the engine but i have to press the key fob to lock and unlock the car rather than being able to walk up to it and press a button on the door handle to open it providing i have the keys with me. With mine being a tourer i suspect i'd notice the lack of rear wiper a lot more than the hatch, in wet weather it does cover over quite quickly from spray etc i think due to the flatter back end compared to the hatch.

Comment

It depends really. Prices start at under 20 quid to buy and fit the basic bleeping ones yourself. Then prices go from there. Probably best getting them fitted by a place that fits them. Only problem with ones that show zones is there's usually an after market gadget sat on your dash. Something I don't personally like. Factory fitted option like mine show the zones in the drivers screen but not sure if Vauxhall will or can incorporate them after the initial build. There's a few techy members on here...Plasm is your man to ask if it's possible to go down the OEM route.

It's surprising what a difference the basic bleeping ones make though. I had them fitted to my previous Insignia and they served me well.
                              I didnt have parking sensors on mine as they were quite costly and we couldnt stretch to it and to be honest i'm now at the point where i can do without them. I did go in a couple of weeks after ordering as things changed, i got a big redundancy pay out from work, and tried to add parking sensors in but it was too late so the only thing they could do was some aftermarket ones they fit at the dealers that would be £300 for rear sensors only!! Not sure how they integrated but i didnt bother with it.

Comment

Yeah, if I could get them fitted and fully integrated to the screens that are there and made to look like it was part of the original build I would consider it but I’m not that fussed, just another gadget would of been good, I’ll just park a meter away from walls until I’m used to the size difference [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X