Just a small mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    On the preface the lights are Red, so this mod for the preface matches perfectly.
    The price has gone up since i brought mine.
    True, I forgot about that.......I've now gotta nice ice white one to match mine

Comment

Hello Rab---got the switch today---is this the surround trim that has to come off--Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190709_111956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	243328-------Thanks Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        Hello Rab---got the switch today---is this the surround trim that has to come off--[ATTACH=CONFIG]1667[/ATTACH]-------Thanks Dave
        Yes...just pop this off and it'll show you the wee 7mm bolt

Comment

Thanks Rab--have tried to remove it and it seemed to be very tight--just need to be a bit more eager to get it off then-----Cheers Dave

Comment

Thanks Rab--have tried to remove it and it seemed to be very tight--just need to be a bit more eager to get it off then-----Cheers Dave
            If you have a wide trim removal tool, then it'll come away.
            If not, then lay a duster down and use a plain screwdriver.

Comment

Thanks Rab--will give it ago tomorrow-----Dave

Comment

I fitted this last year and it's a great wee mod just don't do what I did and tried removing the trim with a screwdriver as I scratched part of plastic nearby. I think in the end I managed to just pull the trim up around the switch and unclip it but was a bit fiddly although not hard. I am just impatient and rush in without engaging the brain

Good luck with it

Comment

Yeah got mine done today and its a hard bit of trim to remove---managed with the plastic trim tools so no damage to the plastics--cleaned it all out when I had the trim and the gear stick cover off-----Dave Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190710_114628.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	243335
                  Last edited by Dave1419; 10-07-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah got mine done today and its a hard bit of trim to remove---managed with the plastic trim tools so no damage to the plastics--cleaned it all out when I had the trim and the gear stick cover off-----Dave [ATTACH=CONFIG]1674[/ATTACH]
                    Is there any specific way to remove the touch pad and trim as I’m struggling getting the touchpad side up, I can pull the switch side up by hand but can’t get other out.

Comment

Its just a case of pulling and levering the trim up---you need to be careful and use plastic trim removal tools----but it is very tight------Dave

Comment

Any place best to start at? Front or back etc?
                        Can’t believe how much harder it is from pre facelift.

Comment

nice man

Comment

I’m going to have to abort this mission, just for life of me can’t get the surround and touchpad.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
                              I’m going to have to abort this mission, just for life of me can’t get the surround and touchpad.
                              Remove the gearstick gaiter,then get your fingers underneath the touchpad,may come out easier
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
                                nip round to Dave's or mine and one of us will remove it for you

Comment

Working...
                                X