No announcement yet.

Just a small mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in Sheffield any one close that could pull it out?
    I started getting the frame out but wasn’t sure it it was suppose to come away from the touchpad and looked like if I tugged it would snap something.
    Or have I got it wrong and the touchpad stays in place and the plastic comes away!!!

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Remove the gearstick gaiter,then get your fingers underneath the touchpad,may come out easier
      did you try this
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not yet if I get a few min spare today I’ll try.
        I’ll keep you updated.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3E0B50A-211F-468A-9F15-3395C7EC499F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	244618
          Well I can’t get the gater off to get under the touchpad and the photo is as far as I can prize the top up, I don’t dare pull any harder for snapping something.

Comment

Gaitor is easy with atrim removal tool or a flat point driver with a cloth over it fit inbetween the chrome and the console its just clipped in then just push down and twist the gear knob and it will all come out as one

Now am fairly sure the touchpad will be the same fixture as the dial but you will have to remove the console to get the touchpad out as the dial in the preface is fixed down with 4 screws but if its just the surround bit of the touchpad u want out that will with a bit of teasing come out

Comment

Originally posted by RBH
              The touchpad is clipped into the console.
              It needs to be removed from the underneath
              feckin echo in ere

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                feckin echo in ere
                There you go.....the feckin echo is deleted

No need to be so rude.

Comment

So my best approach would be to pull the surround from the touchpad leaving the underneath attached.
                  I remember the pre facelift was well easy to remove, I even changed the leds in my old one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    Gaitor is easy with atrim removal tool or a flat point driver with a cloth over it fit inbetween the chrome and the console its just clipped in then just push down and twist the gear knob and it will all come out as one

Now am fairly sure the touchpad will be the same fixture as the dial but you will have to remove the console to get the touchpad out as the dial in the preface is fixed down with 4 screws but if its just the surround bit of the touchpad u want out that will with a bit of teasing come out
                    I love that word “tease”

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
                      I love that word “tease”
                      I like teasing RBH works well.

Have you had any luck with it?
                      Just to ask why do u want to remove it?

Comment

I’ve not had chance to try yet, been too busy with work. I want to remove it to fit the chrome handbrake switch.

Comment

Working...
                        X