TPMS Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Problem

Hi guys wondering if you can give me some advice.

I’ve got a 64 plate Insignia SRI and I’ve recently replaced the standard 18s with aftermarket 20s about 6 months ago with TPMS sensors fitted from the supplier. At the start all sensors worked most of the time but now and again the drivers front would stop then come back, then it was working fine. Until about w month ago when it stopped working altogether. I got onto the supplier and they sent me out one replacement saying it must have been a faulty sensor in one wheel. I’ve just had this replaced at the garage now and drove out expecting the system to relearn and all be good. But it still didn’t pick up that wheel. I let air out of all wheels then refilled the wheels back up to 37psi and went a drive to see if that would work. But now it’s not picking up the drivers front and rear!! Please help as I’ve no idea how this system actually works!!

Sorry for the rant, cheers guy

You need to go for a drive above 40 mph for a couple of miles mate. It won’t relearn in a minute or two it takes time. Go for a blast up motorway

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Thanks for your response Jordan, but I’ve done nearly 100 miles since having it replaced including back and forward to work twice which is 19 miles away and still no luck.

Comment

Ah. My bad... I’m stumped at that then bud. My apologies

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Is this an oem system or aftermarket tpms?

I’d try swapping the wheels to see if the issue moves which would show the sensors at fault or if the system that pics up the signal is faulty? I’d suspect failed sensors the replacement could have been damaged during fitting?

Comment

They are aftermarket sensors.

Yes that’s my next port of call, to swap all 4 wheels about and see what happens, what sensors pick up.

Cheers

Comment

Only genuine (OM) sensors re-learn automatically, if the sensor you have been sent is a pattern part it needs a unit which clones the code from the original, most tyre shops will have such a tool, do you still have the sensor recently removed? Where in Uk are you?

Comment

What does that mean? Do I need a new receiver unit? If so where can I get this? I’m from just outside Edinburgh, Scotland.

Comment

if you lived little closer i have unit that checks sensors. if you purchase pre programed or genuine vauxhall units they should self connect, but if its a bare unit (universel) it will need programing to work on Vauxhalls.

Comment

I’ve been on to the company that supplied the TPMS sensors on the new wheels and they said they are coded to suit my car, does something need plugged in to pair the system in the car to the new sensors??

Comment

If there definitely coded they should sort themselves out, have you still got the original wheels if yes have you tried putting them back on to prove the rest of system?

Comment

No I’ve sold the standard wheels as I had no space for them �� Wish is just kept them now

Comment

I’ve figured out the all 4 sensors work but the car somehow only wants to pick up the wheels on the passenger (left) side and not the wheels on the drivers side.

Is there anyway I can reset the system?

Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader at the lowest UK prices from Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 for Car Accessories, Car Styling & Car Care. Buy today Online, In store or by Phone + Branches Nationwide – Next Day UK Free Delivery.

Would this help??

Thanks

Comment

I got my new insignia 14 plate in May. At the start all sensors ok. Then driver front started to play up. Would work
                            Sometimes but most of time errors. Left it about a month as was getting a new alloy anyway with sensor and was going to change it. Before I got the new wheel it started working again and been fine since..

Very odd. Didn’t change air pressure or anything, just started to work again for no reason what so ever.
                            sigpic

Comment

I never bother with my sensors. I have one at the back that if you go a bit lively down the motor way it looses signal and brings on the light. I just ignore it now

Comment

Working...
                              X