Standard aerial removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard aerial removal

Is it possible to remove just the black plastic of the aerial on a préface without having to remove the interior rooflining ? I got a dummy shark fin but doens't fit over the existing aerial... Cheers
    This is the original one I got at the moment :
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vauxhall Insignia 2009 Year Shark Fin Antenna Roof Aerial 13241275 at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

I bought this one :
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shark-Fin-Radio-Signal-Antenna-For-Vauxhall-Astra-Corsa-Zafira-Insignia-Vectra/322254515265?hash=item4b07ddac41:g:yt4AAOSwa81aRM7 Q
    Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
    Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Well you can because it's just a cover , but you. Any do more halm than good it's held on with screws only visible from the bottom .but you have to remember that the cover is also the sealing plate to stop water getting into the car .
    You only need to drop the rear part of the headlnging . Think it's only held up with Velcro. Drop the back seats down . And gives you room . It's a bit like being a gynocologist . Think it's a 13mm nut .plus the frakar plug to disconnect
    I know on the Saab shark fins ( possibly out of the same parts bin ) they use to wether and crack then fall off .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Mmmm a lot of work for just the looks. I'd rather spaypraint the genuine then... Hopefully reception isn't worse after.
      Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

You can buy a shark fin that will connect into your base.
        It still gives you your stations

Comment

Originally posted by Denis View Post
          Is it possible to remove just the black plastic of the aerial on a préface without having to remove the interior rooflining ? I got a dummy shark fin but doens't fit over the existing aerial... Cheers
          This is the original one I got at the moment :
          Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vauxhall Insignia 2009 Year Shark Fin Antenna Roof Aerial 13241275 at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

I bought this one :
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shark-Fin...4AAOSwa81aRM7Q
          Or, remove the existing one, put the wires and aerial underneath inside the headlining and then stick you fake on.

Comment

I'm gonna plastidip it, spraypaint over plastidip. Then check reception and if ok remove plastidip and paint the aerial...

Comment

Working...
            X