• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power

Can anybody help with my intermitent problem thanks for help in advance

Need help my insignia loses power intermitent any ideas would be brill

Comment

Well lets see..................we don't know if its petrol or diesel, error codes, whether it happens under heavy load or normal acceleration. Do you think we are mind readers? A bit more information may help.................just a little
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Sorry its 1.8 petrol it happens either load and not alway under acceleration no error codes either

Comment

Are you running the car with the aircon on all the time? This is a bad thing to do with the 1.8, it reduces the power significantly!

The next thing to do is get a decent code reader plugged in & scan for stored codes. Unfortunately some cheaper ones don't do a full scan or can't pick up the stored codes properly.

Having a 1.8 petrol myself, I've had some performance issues, aside from it being underpowered anyway. The 1st thing I had was a coil pack issue not long after I bought it, but that threw up a misfire code & went into limp mode & was sorted by a new coil pack under warranty.

Next I had a knocking noise from the top left of the engine, which was solved by replacing the cam solenoids, this then showed I had a lack of power before I reached them, I thought it was just because its an underpowered engine for the weight of car.

Lastly, I replaced the spark plugs & this has transformed the performance! Whereas before I couldn't accelerate in 6th up a long hill on the M2 in Kent, now it sails up there & accelerates all the way up without changing gear!

Comment

sometimes when it happens the rev counter stops working and when you accelerate there is a ticking noise

Comment

Originally posted by Dan45 View Post
              when you accelerate there is a ticking noise
              That'll be the crocodile
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Dan45
                Please watch your language we are a friendly site on here. We do not tolerate this sort of behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                X