Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaceb View Post
    No I won’t
    We are a very friendly site with alot of members, and increasing daily, use of foul language is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

We keep this site as friendly as possible, and make all members feel welcomed.

You will find we have alot of comedians on here who like to joke around first.

Comment

As for your issue did you replace it with a genuine part not third party

Comment

Apologies again for my foul language as I say I’m just very frustrated with my car...
        Yes I did replace with genuine part cost me £50

Comment

Have you had the codes read since you changed the sensor?
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Jaceb View Post
            Apologies again for my foul language as I say I’m just very frustrated with my car...
            Yes I did replace with genuine part cost me £50
            We all get frustrated with our cars thats why we own Insignias cause we love the frustration they bring

Comment

Did you just plug the sensor in and that's it. I heard they need to be calibrated

Comment

I would get the ecu read for error code, check the boost pipe for splits, find out what saturation the dpf is and take it from there. Post any error codes here. How long you had the car? How long been mapped? Done by e reputable mapper?
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Well I did at first, but when it went into limp mode on the second time the RAC bloke calibrated it for me but it has since fell into limp mode again

Comment

I will get it read, the Dpf was at 35% yesterday I will check the boost pipe tomorrow, it was mapped by remap Kings about 2 months ago and I’ve had it for around 5 months

Comment

How confident are you its nothing to do with the remap?
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I’m not sure tbh, it seems weird because I didn’t have any issue before the remap

Comment

I have asked the guy to put it back to standard just to see if it sorts it...
                          But I really don’t want to lose the extra power, but if it makes the car more reliable then it would be worth the loss

Comment

So it was ok before the remap, and now it isn't? Seems fairly obvious to me...
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah I know I suppose it is...
                              But I wanted to explore the possibilities before sacrificing that extra power as it is nice and makes the car a little bit more exciting to drive! I had a Vectra before this and it was mapped and tuned to 230hp so when I got the insignia it felt slow in comparison hence having it mapped the guy is coming tomorrow to put it back to standard and I will check the boost pipe for splits. I am living in hope that the map had nothing to do with it hahahah

Comment

All the map is doing is dumping more diesel into the cylinders at a given range , so it's burning more diesel,thus creating more soot and ash , which in turn is creating higher saturation levels in the DPF ( or DOG) .
                                Depending on the mileage on the car and if the DPF is original, the DPF cannot handle or burn off the extra ash deposits.
                                So car goes into wobbly mode .
                                It's ok having thease maps but if the chap is just a travelling " flasher " and comes to your door and flashes your car , then that's where the problem lies .
                                No map is fit for all cars ,

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X