No announcement yet.

Insignia dog pressure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks for the info, I will be having it put back to standard later today and hopefully it will be ok after that! The car has done 77k and it is the original DPF but understand what your saying... it was meant to be a blend map so I get a bit of power and fuel efficiency but the fuel consumption. Has been worse since, I was living in denial I suppose thinking it’s because I put my foot down more 🤔

Comment

Have you dealt with that mapper before?
      You have good mappers and bad mappers or mappers who think they know what they are doing.

Comment

I had mine remapped a few months ago and it's a totally different car.
        The mid range torque is unbelievable and my mpg has increased.
        Went in the rollers and it's sitting at 192 from 140.

So, like the advice already given, get it back to standard and if its Running fine after the removal, I'd be asking for my cash back, then going somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah as with all people who claim they know everything the mapper has said that he never has issues after he maps cars but I find it hard to believe.. for me the only positive is the pull on it when you boot it but that is coming at a price! It is hard to swallow when the car is mint and and I’ve put money into it but as you say if it’s right after removal I will ask for my money back... I will put my salary on it that I won’t get in touch with him afterwards though!

Comment

Agree with that .
            On there website it states that all maps are dyno tested ?
            That's where the problem lies
            Prolly tested on one car and then they claim it will suit every car with that engine and give the desired performance increase with every car of that particular power output.
            They are just traveling flashers .
            Good thing to do once back to standard, is to clean the MAF and MAP with electrical contact cleaner , use a cotton bud , to clean the MAP , don't poke it too hard! .take egr out and clean with carburettor cleaner .
            And give the throttle body a clean out with MR Mussel oven cleaner , followed by carburettor cleaner .and check induction pipe work .
            I do that every now and again to keep things clean
            And take it for a run .
            There is an experienced mapper on the vectra C fourm Teapot ,
            Use to use him on the A19DTH and Z19DTR on saab forum, think he's got a Facebook page .
            Ooooooooooo and I forgot to say Welcome aboard .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              Agree with that .
              On there website it states that all maps are dyno tested ?
              That's where the problem lies
              Prolly tested on one car and then they claim it will suit every car with that engine and give the desired performance increase with every car of that particular power output.
              They are just traveling flashers .
              Good thing to do once back to standard, is to clean the MAF and MAP with electrical contact cleaner , use a cotton bud , to clean the MAP , don't poke it too hard! .take egr out and clean with carburettor cleaner .
              And give the throttle body a clean out with MR Mussel oven cleaner , followed by carburettor cleaner .and check induction pipe work .
              I do that every now and again to keep things clean
              And take it for a run .
              There is an experienced mapper on the vectra C fourm Teapot ,
              Use to use him on the A19DTH and Z19DTR on saab forum, think he's got a Facebook page .
              Ooooooooooo and I forgot to say Welcome aboard .
              Yep......get teapot as he's spot on.....
              The OP is fortunate as he has the early insignia as Teapot doesn't do the later facelift.

Comment

Get it back to standard, run it for a month or two, then that proofs the problem is fixed, then find another mapper one that's reputable.

Comment

Yeah I’m on it, the guy is coming today to put original map back on free of charge.
                  I’ve checked the boost pipe and it’s covered in oil, but I can’t feel a split.
                  Should I remove it to inspect it properly? Or just replace it?

Comment

Remove and replace .to be on the safe side.

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

yeah clean pipe and inspect if there is a tear in it gaffer tape it go on a run if it runs great you know its that and get a new one hope you sort it i'm thinking of a remap in the future i'd better do some homework

Comment

The guy is here now, he said “we have done 47 insignia’s this year and this is only one that we shave had issues with” I’m like yeah ok let’s see what happens then!
                        I will take the pipe off and see what it’s like but I might just buy a new one anyway as if it has oil on there must be something!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaceb View Post
                          The guy is here now, he said “we have done 47 insignia’s this year and this is only one that we shave had issues with” I’m like yeah ok let’s see what happens then!
                          I will take the pipe off and see what it’s like but I might just buy a new one anyway as if it has oil on there must be something!
                          Any difference mate??

Comment

Yes mate... it’s slower 😆 tbh it’s more the torque that you notice but it will be over the next week or so I will see if it has made any difference with the issue..
                            I still need to get the boost pipe sorted but with the great advice that you guys have given I think I will get there! What do you think about twin exhaust would that make any difference to the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaceb View Post
                              Yes mate... it’s slower �� tbh it’s more the torque that you notice but it will be over the next week or so I will see if it has made any difference with the issue..
                              I still need to get the boost pipe sorted but with the great advice that you guys have given I think I will get there! What do you think about twin exhaust would that make any difference to the car?
                              I hope he refunded you buddy???
                              Twin exhaust won't make any difference tbh......but will look good.
                              I love mine

Comment

Oh right I will wait until it’s needed then..
                                No mate he just offered me to put map back on free of charge when I’ve sorted the issue...
                                But clearly I won’t be doing that! I think I just need to put it down to experience luckily it only cost £200 so could be worse

Comment

Working...
                                X