Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate is dead

HI
    My 2010 Insignia Estate sports Tourer's tailgate is totaly dead.
    Non of the 3 switches(drivers door, close button inside boot, and main outside button), gives any response.
    The key makes the car blink, but nothing else happens.
    Tried changing the lock itself, and the main bootlock button, both bought OEM at local dealership, without any luck.
    Any idea?
    Thanks

It will more than likely be the tailgate ecu located in the right hand cubbyhole in the boot. To get the boot open you need to climb in the back and there will be a small grommet in the middle at the bottom. You need to take that out and with a screw driver you need to locate the little lever inside.

More than likely water has got into the ecu. When it happened to mine i pulled it out and sprayed it with contact spray. Put it back together but one of the pins were snapped so had to get a small sewing needle to replace it!!!!
    Any other assistance just ask

Comment

Hi,
      Did you manage to fix it?
      My Insignia has developed the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by j564ha View Post
        Hi,
        Did you manage to fix it?
        My Insignia has developed the same problem
        Probably not. Like many on here they use the forum for one post not even an introduction or a thanks if it worked

Comment

Hi
          Yes i managed to fix it.
          It was indeed water that had broken My tailgate ecu...
          Had to get a new one and Get the local Opel dealer to reprogram it.

Comment

Thank you, mine has been working intermittently since a bad bout of rain.
            Checked the tailgate ECU and its wet.
            There seems to be a box above with a sponge like material that is soaked. Trying to get it out now but it's hard to reach.

Comment

Originally posted by j564ha View Post
              Thank you, mine has been working intermittently since a bad bout of rain.
              Checked the tailgate ECU and its wet.
              There seems to be a box above with a sponge like material that is soaked. Trying to get it out now but it's hard to reach.
              It is hard to take off but it does unclip. Make sure you seal up the top plastic grommet where the water comes in

Comment

I have taken off the plastic grommet on the outside of the boot to Seal the «caps» on the body. But i still Get some water inside. Any clue?
                I did However turn the ecu upside down so the water doesnt go onto the plugs of the ecu.

Comment

Working...
                X