No announcement yet.

My old vectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pre facelift ( well from this angle ) what colour is that ? Is it nocturno blue ?
    The 19" snowflakes set them off to a tea .
    It just shows how reliable they are / were 180.000 miles and still going strong

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      That's a pre facelift ( well from this angle ) what colour is that ? Is it nocturno blue ?
      The 19" snowflakes set them off to a tea .
      It just shows how reliable they are / were 180.000 miles and still going strong
      Yes mate, is a preface in Metro blue, love it and looks colour shifting in different lighting, almost purple but then I am colourblind . Reliability is spot on, bought with 120k on the clock and only really needed to replace usual wear and tear items. Still loads of miles in it.

Edit: Sorry, confusing the Insignia with Vectra colour. It's Ultra Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        Majority of us on here went from Vectras to Insignias.
        I absolutely loved and still love my old one .....it's still in the family .

When I see it, I still want it back .....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1686[/ATTACH]
        I never saw this XP2'd - only remember this as the XP... noooiiicceeeeee.

Comment

My first VX was a black preface SRI 2.2i direct - 2004 - lovely car but cost a fortune,... traded away in 2009 for a 6 month old silver SRI CDTI, then 3 years later for a CDTI XP2, then the VXLine facelift, now the VXLine Grandsport. My wife took the CDTI SRI on when I got the XP2, and still had her right up until January this year, still looks mint and still going strong!!

Silver SRI, just before she went this year,.. my XP2 shorly after I got her, and my old VXLine....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            I never saw this XP2'd - only remember this as the XP... noooiiicceeeeee.

The story

Comment

Mine. Owned it for 6 years.

Comment

That’s cool! I like those wheels, same as what I had on my Vectra

Comment

Originally posted by Jaceb View Post
                  That’s cool! I like those wheels, same as what I had on my Vectra
                  Yeah they did suit the car well, but because they were cheap replicas, the steering use to shake a bit even after balancing.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Majority of us on here went from Vectras to Insignias.
                    I absolutely loved and still love my old one .....it's still in the family .

When I see it, I still want it back .....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1686[/ATTACH]
                    That's gorgeous, i still have a thing for Vectra's, the new siggy b reminds me of the resemblance to Vectra C with the sharp lines.

So much i found a good spec one with low mileage for sale

Comment

Never owned a Vectra but have bad memories of them. Spent a year whilst at Royal Mail in a role that involved lots of travelling demoing, installing and supporting some software we'd developed. Did most of it in hire cars and whilst i occasionally got Mondeos and the odd random Fiat Marea or Brava and once a V6 automatic Omega that was great fun in the main i got Vectras and i really really didnt like them. They were all mk1 1.8 petrol ones and i really struggled with the seats and ended up with a bad back every time i got out of one after a decent drive. I tried to get our hire car supplier changed at one point as we were using a local Vauxhall dealer for them so Vectras were the only choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                        Never owned a Vectra but have bad memories of them. Spent a year whilst at Royal Mail in a role that involved lots of travelling demoing, installing and supporting some software we'd developed. Did most of it in hire cars and whilst i occasionally got Mondeos and the odd random Fiat Marea or Brava and once a V6 automatic Omega that was great fun in the main i got Vectras and i really really didnt like them. They were all mk1 1.8 petrol ones and i really struggled with the seats and ended up with a bad back every time i got out of one after a decent drive. I tried to get our hire car supplier changed at one point as we were using a local Vauxhall dealer for them so Vectras were the only choice!!
                        Strange, I find the Vectra seats incredibly comfy, especially on long trips even after all these years. Never get out feeling like I've been on a long trip, maybe it's just the different sorts of seats.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                          Strange, I find the Vectra seats incredibly comfy, especially on long trips even after all these years. Never get out feeling like I've been on a long trip, maybe it's just the different sorts of seats.
                          From memory they would have been 1.8 LS models i think and the seat just felt like you were perched on it rather than actually in it with any support. I could just never get properly comfy in one.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                            From memory they would have been 1.8 LS models i think and the seat just felt like you were perched on it rather than actually in it with any support. I could just never get properly comfy in one.
                            Yeah, deffo much different to the sports seats, they are much better [emoji4]

Comment

I suppose it's one of the reasons to never buy base models, they skimp on everything

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                                Yeah, deffo much different to the sports seats, they are much better [emoji4]
                                To be expected...they were just bog standard Vectras bought in bulk at a guess and farmed out as hire cars so never really looked after especially by those using them! Looking up the range there was actually one below it in the range called "Base"...presumably that just came with boxes to sit on!!

Definitely remember them having the trafficmaster button on the dash mind you...occasionally came in handy, annoying as hell though when it continually reminded you about slow traffic on a motorway when you are in it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X