• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVS message and lose of power

Hi from a new member
    I have a 2011 2.0 cdti that is going into limp mode under power
    I found a split in the intercooler pipe and changed it … still the same
    I changed turbo boost solenoid ….still the same
    sprayed an EGR cleaner into the engine and notice a big difference so I had a carbon clean done on the engine ….. and its still going into limp mode
    I don't have any codes to share with you
    is there anything else I should be looking at changing
    thanks in advance Raymond

get a better code reader, until you get the codes read you will be wasting money on changing parts

Comment

Welcome aboard yeates1150 as Mo_miah.says a good quality code reader ( cheap ones do not cut the mustard ,)
      It's got a fault code due to the SVS .its finding out what the devil it is .
      When you say you sprayed EGR cleaner in at it got better , what do you mean ?
      Have you had the EGR off to clean it ?
      As for carbon cleaning ummmmmmmm I had it done and it was a placebo.
      I could of got better value betting on a 3 legged donkey winning at the grand national

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi I have now got a couple of codes
          P0101
          P0113
          The egr cleaner improved performance and the limp mode did not appear as often

Comment

I should have said when i replaced the pipe it was split but not right through
            Is it also possible an inferior ebay pipe could be the problem?

Comment

I've had the same problem I bought all new including the plastic pipe on the boost pipe now even when I start the car straight onto svc vehicle soon with no power it's a head ache waiting for my diagnostic system to charge hopefully get an answer

Comment

I think I have it pinned down to a faulty maf sensor just waiting on a replacement to confirm

Comment

MAf sensor didn't work either

Comment

As said before have you had the EGR valve off and cleaned it ? Because if the EGR valve is slightly open then it's letting in minute quantities of air .
                    Also take the MAP sensor out and check for carbon deposits on the sensor
                    Clean it with electrical contact cleaner and a cotton bud , do not be tempted to prod or probe it .
                    The only other way to try to pin down the fault is to get hold of opcom they are about £15.00 plus and they can give you live data readout .
                    Until you have done some what i call house keeping ( i.e. Cleaning ) then you are just throwing money at it .
                    As with any diesel carbon dose build up,and can clog parts and sensors..
                    I clean mine every 6 months there are other procedures I carry out as well but start with the basics

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Just removed maf sensor and it was pretty bunged up
                      Fingers crossed this has solved my problems

Comment

If the MAF sensor is bunged up then take the EGR valve off and clean that up as well cos they both sit in the inlet side and get full of carbon which doesn't help .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Sorry getting my sensor mixed up I mean the map sensor beside egr was clogged up
                          Will keep the egr cleaning for another day
                          Thanks for the info

Comment

Sorry my mistake I ment the MAP sensor the one you have just removed . and found glogged up

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Problem solved the variable veins where stuck in the turbo
                              Ran a turbo cleaner through and all good again

Comment

Working...
                              X