Norcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcroft

Repositioning car on my - sloping- drive yesterday I let the car roll back with foot on clutch and no seatbelt, possibly engine on. But then when I went to pull forward the car reversed. I tried this four times using electronic brake and putting into first. Every time it reversed. The only way out was to move forward in second. A bit unnerving. Could have been on a 1:6 hill! Help!
    Last edited by Norcroft; 13-07-2019, 05:33 AM. Reason: No subject

Car rolling back on incline HELP !

Was the car physically in reverse or was it just rolling back ?
    Hill start assist works but on certain inclines you put your foot on the brake pedal the car should hold itself but.....> make sure your foot is completely down on the clutch pedal and you are not using any gas <...., select gear then as soon as you either use gas or release the clutch then the hill start assist will disengage.
    Or another way is use electronic hand brake select gear , as soon as you release clutch and use gas then the electronic handbrake will automatically disengage.
    Bit strange and unnerving to use at first I know but I dose do exactly what it's supposed to.
    Could of been the incline of your drive made you panic .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Norcroft View Post
      Repositioning car on my - sloping- drive yesterday I let the car roll back with foot on clutch and no seatbelt, possibly engine on. But then when I went to pull forward the car reversed. I tried this four times using electronic brake and putting into first. Every time it reversed. The only way out was to move forward in second. A bit unnerving. Could have been on a 1:6 hill! Help!
      This is the hello I'm..... section....., you've already posted on here introducing yourself.

It would help if you post in the relevant section with a title of the problem???
      Last edited by RBH; 13-07-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hi,
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You've hit the nail on the head, RBH. New to the Forum so not expert in using it yet. Thanks.

Comment

Car not in reverse. Normally just foot on clutch, sllow to roll back then into first and forward but put into first several times with brake on but didnt go forward. Seemed to drive - not roll - backwards. Pulling away in second gear worked! Has been fine out on the roads, on hills etc. during normal driving.
            Last edited by Norcroft; 13-07-2019, 10:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
            X