Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flexride brand new Schock Absorber now new Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexride brand new Schock Absorber now new Problem!!

Good day People,

I really hoop someone can help me in the right direction. I have a Insignia 2010 1.6 ALET Turbo with Flexride.
    Driverside Schock breaker is broken so I ordered one with the dealer (oem number 13319741) it’s a flex ride schock absorber.

I replaced it and was happy because my problem was solved but within a minute I have a new problem: when I begin to drive I hear a constant beep noise, when I stop driving it’s gone. When I disconnect my new shock absorber it is gone.

Already tried to disconnect battery en reconnect. Also did a scan for fault codes with OBD, no faults.

Can someone tell me if something had to be recalibrated? Something like the vertical en horizontal sensors or the shock absorber itself? Or do I have a problem now contacting and convincing the dealer that I have a faulty shock absorber?

Thanks!!

Hi. What do you mean beeping? On the dash? No idea about calibration but are you sure you have the right one, there's 7 different versions of shocks each side for Flexride, assuming it's the front. Did the part numbers match? 13319741 does seem to be the most common but there's an off chance it could be one of the others. If not then thats of no help

Comment

Flexride brand new Schock Absorber now new Problem!!

Hello Tens,

It is a continious beep the moment the car drives. It is an electronic beep not a mechanical one. It’s coming from the connection in the shock absorber. I have the right part number, it is the same number on the old shock absorber.

I hope there are forum members who also had to replace the shock on a flexride insignia and maybe had the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
        Hello Tens,

It is a continious beep the moment the car drives. It is an electronic beep not a mechanical one. It’s coming from the connection in the shock absorber. I have the right part number, it is the same number on the old shock absorber.

I hope there are forum members who also had to replace the shock on a flexride insignia and maybe had the same problem.
        Sorry then, no idea. Hopefully someone can help. Out of curiousity, what did you pay for it and from where?

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
          Sorry then, no idea. Hopefully someone can help. Out of curiousity, what did you pay for it and from where?
          Ordered it by the stealers, 420€ incl tax

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Ordered it by the stealers, 420€ incl tax

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
            Definitely stealers

Comment

"Lizzard-T" Wrote:
              Saw your other thread , ref bleeping .
              If a problem with not being programmed then I would of thaught you would get an error message on the info screen
              Check suspension warning message .
              Is it a bleep sound from the dashboard ( i.e. Like lights on warning etc )
              Or from the shock absorber itself?
              Is everything tight on the leg ? Like top mount , is spring seated properly
              Is there a bottom spring seat is that seated properly
              Did you replace the spring ?
              Has the wiring plug got any corrosion on pins ?

All the things you mentioned I have checked, been all Saturday checking everything.
              I have No error messages on the dash.
              I have no fault codes in the system
              The Bleep is continuous when driving and is not from the dash but from left front, by the wheel
              New top mount, did not replace the spring.
              Checked all pins and made sure they were exactly in the middle.

Comment

Hope you get this sorted.
                I'm wondering if it needs programming to the car, maybe because it is brand new it need programming.

Nothing is simple these days.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Hope you get this sorted.
                  I'm wondering if it needs programming to the car, maybe because it is brand new it need programming.

Nothing is simple these days.
                  Hi Ray,

No, it is frustrating, whole weekend gone and no solution. Only replacing a schock absorber! Are you kidding me!

Already checked in TIS2000: it only needs to be calibrated in SPS when the controle module is replaced or a horizontal or vertical sensor.

I send a very long email to the stealer, were I explained in 8 steps what I have done to narrow it down to the new shock absorber.

I have confinced them, they are gonna order a new one. [emoji108]

Comment

Update, picked up new shock. The sound is half less but still there. I think it has another problem. I am done with flexride, I am ordering a KW suspension kit today.

Comment

Update, picked up new shock. The sound is half less but still there. I think it has another problem. I am done with flexride, I am ordering a KW suspension kit today.
                      Damn, I thought I had a short fuse

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                        Damn, I thought I had a short fuse
                        Well, it looks like I’m just throwing with money, but found out that my left shock is also almost dead, that’s why they advise to replace them in pairs, but I don’t have pairs money at the moment, so better do it right before I need two back shocks also, that is way more money.

Comment

Well, it looks like I’m just throwing with money, but found out that my left shock is also almost dead, that’s why they advise to replace them in pairs, but I don’t have pairs money at the moment, so better do it right before I need two back shocks also, that is way more money.
                          Sorry, I mean my right shock, passenger side.

Comment

Shame that still not working right.
                            They always advice replaced in pairs, that'f fine if they are reasonably priced but at £350 each £700 for the pair that is a lot of money to spend on a older car.
                            Those KW kits you want, are £2000 for the full set very pricey.

Comment

Sorry, I mean my right shock, passenger side.
                              right shock for us is drivers side

Comment

Working...
                              X