Another small mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another small mod

well...……..stripped out the dash and fitted ambient lighting in behind the cd slot.

previous Vauxhall's/Opel's I've had, some had the slot illuminated, so I decided to do my own take on this "VX cost cutter"

i'll get pics up when its dark......im not expecting much, just enough to make the slot kinda show at night, that's all.

ive bench tested it as I was doing it, so I hope its better at night

It's still daylight, but you'll get an idea

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_204554810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	243358

And I threw some Aldi magnum over it

Name:	IMG_20190713_202816928_HDR.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	243359

Comment

is it illuminated all the time rab,and whats the led in middle for,above cd slot
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        is it illuminated all the time rab,and whats the led in middle for,above cd slot
        Nope.....I've wired it so it only comes on when the side lights are on.

The led on the dash is an extra alarm led.
        I fitted it coz I feel the led on the dash isn't bright especially since it's turned into the interior.....so I stripped it out, cut a bit out the top.of the dash where the vx alarm light is fitted and turned it outwards so when it's parked up, the led is noticeable from the front.....and the extra one is noticeable from the sides and rear.

Comment

Name:	IMG_20190713_223811280_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	243362

Led from rear.....it's actually a lot brighter.

Comment

And a darker picture of the CD slot

Name:	IMG_20190713_221853974.jpg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	243363

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1702[/ATTACH]

Led from rear.....it's actually a lot brighter.
              I added a few too

one in the shroud around afl camera,and a couple in the rear trim in hatch,,was bored one day

Name:	3457c03400a2899beaff3875a6d90d31.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	243364
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I added a few too

one in the shroud around afl camera,and a couple in the rear trim in hatch,,was bored one day

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1704[/ATTACH]
                2 in rear

Comment

2 in rear
                  Class....great what you do when yet bored.....but extra security LEDs don't do any harm

Comment

Crap parking I know, but at that time of night, it's only the staff who park there

Name:	IMG_20190713_212434724.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	243365

Cleaned......

Comment

Class....great what you do when yet bored.....but extra security LEDs don't do any harm
                      get bored ,get a bright idea,then realise what you've started,,routing a cable front to back for 2 poxy leds thead

Comment

get bored ,get a bright idea,then realise what you've started,,routing a cable front to back for 2 poxy leds thead
                        I'm bored right now......I'm contemplating going out to the shed and getting a set made up so it's just a matter of fitting and routing the cables

See you..........
                        Got my brain turning now

Comment

I'm bored right now......I'm contemplating going out to the shed and getting a set made up so it's just a matter of fitting and routing the cables

See you..........
                          Got my brain turning now
                          well itll be still light up there ,crack on

Comment

well itll be still light up there ,crack on
                            23.25 mate......

Name:	IMG_20190713_232313396.jpg
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	243366

Can still see

Comment

How do you wire the leds ?