X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough idle when cold (~1200rpm)

Hi guys

Car is 2.0L Petrol Turbo, 2009 saloon.

When I start my car for the first time on any given day, it seems to always idle a bit high, for around 10 seconds, before calming down to around 800-900rpm, which is fine.

Past couple of days there has been some spluttering (maybe misfiring?) during this 10 sec period of the car idling around 1200rpm.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Changed spark plugs a while ago, had no issues other than above. Changed filters and oil a few months ago

Thank you,
    Alex

Hello ANorthwich, could be a coil pack braking down or a spark plug .
    I would suggest , getting a good quality code reader or better , opcom
    That provides live data readouts that would be able to detect if and where the misfire lies ( i.e. Which cylinder/s )
    At the moment it's just guess work .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Like lizzard says, you really need to find out if it's just one cylinder or all to really know where to start looking, could be many things. Seems likely it's a combustion problem, like poor ignition or Air/fuel ratio. Live data will pinpoint misfires and if there is anything odd going on, like fuel trims etc. I'm guessing there are no error codes and car runs fine when it's warmed up?

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        Like lizzard says, you really need to find out if it's just one cylinder or all to really know where to start looking, could be many things. Seems likely it's a combustion problem, like poor ignition or Air/fuel ratio. Live data will pinpoint misfires and if there is anything odd going on, like fuel trims etc. I'm guessing there are no error codes and car runs fine when it's warmed up?
        Yeah, completely fine once warm and no errors on dash.

I thought maybe related to fuel filter due to mileage/age but can’t seem to find any replacement filters?

I do get a low battery error which refuses to move, I’ve had that error on start up since October when the battery was replaced. Other than the fact the error for low battery arrears on start up, doesn’t stay on dash or have any noticeable effect.. and this misfiring has only been very recent

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
          Yeah, completely fine once warm and no errors on dash.

I thought maybe related to fuel filter due to mileage/age but canÂ’t seem to find any replacement filters?

I do get a low battery error which refuses to move, IÂ’ve had that error on start up since October when the battery was replaced. Other than the fact the error for low battery arrears on start up, doesnÂ’t stay on dash or have any noticeable effect.. and this misfiring has only been very recent
          Yeah, you probably won't easily find one. If I remember correctly, when I asked the garage where I service it to also replace the fuel filter, apparently certain Insignias (apart from 2.0T, not sure which others)and other manufacturers don't have an inline fuel filter like you normally get, it's actually a lifetime filter inside the tank, so not sure if it's a serviceable item. Something along those lines anyway.

Comment

Could that low battery warning be for your key fob battery ? Don't know if they have that on the insignia ?

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah, you probably won't easily find one. If I remember correctly, I remember when I asked the garage where I service it to also replace the fuel filter, apparently certain Insignias (apart from 2.0T, not sure which others)and other manufacturers don't have an inline fuel filter like you normally get, it's actually a lifetime filter inside the tank, so not sure if it's a serviceable item. Something along those lines anyway.
              So the 2.0T does have a serviceable fuel filter? Because this is the 2.0T petrol

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
                So the 2.0T does have a serviceable fuel filter? Because this is the 2.0T petrol
                No, it doesn't. Sorry, what I meant was apart from knowing that the 2.0T doesn't have one, I'm not sure what others don't either if that's clearer.

Comment

My 1.6T don't have one either. So i been putting the premium fuel in to minimise crap that goes in.

Comment

Hi, did you get anywhere with this?

Comment

Nah, still happens but just goes away after a minute or so

Comment

Yeah, you probably won't easily find one. If I remember correctly, when I asked the garage where I service it to also replace the fuel filter, apparently certain Insignias (apart from 2.0T, not sure which others)and other manufacturers don't have an inline fuel filter like you normally get, it's actually a lifetime filter inside the tank, so not sure if it's a serviceable item. Something along those lines anyway.
                        Correct! No fuel filter on the 2ltr SIDI turbo anyway
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                        X