Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does new flexride shocks needs to be programmed or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does new flexride shocks needs to be programmed or not?

Hi,

I have another thread about my problem but made this one to ask other people who also changed flexride shock the most important question for me.

When you replace a flexride shock absorber; do you need to program something in the computer or is this not necessary?

Thanks.

Saw your other thread , ref bleeping .
    If a problem with not being programmed then I would of thaught you would get an error message on the info screen
    Check suspension warning message .
    Is it a bleep sound from the dashboard ( i.e. Like lights on warning etc )
    Or from the shock absorber itself?
    Is everything tight on the leg ? Like top mount , is spring seated properly
    Is there a bottom spring seat is that seated properly
    Did you replace the spring ?
    Has the wiring plug got any corrosion on pins ?

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hello Lizzard,

Thanks for your reply, Is it ok with you that I reply in that other thread, otherwise the mods here are definitely gonna close this thread because then we have two exact copies.
      I will copy your message and answer in the other thread.

Thanks!!

Comment

Sorted it myself in TIS2000, new shocks does not need to be programmed or recalibrated....

Info for other people.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
          Sorted it myself in TIS2000, new shocks does not need to be programmed or recalibrated....

Info for other people.
          So what was the issue? Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            So what was the issue? Glad you got it sorted.
            Hi Ray,

The problem is not solved yet, just found out that I do not have to program the new shock.

Even worse: they called me today that the new shock was there so I went for a 30 minutes drive to pick it up: now the newly ordered shock has oil on it and has a leek so it has to be ordered again [emoji108]

Comment

Hi Ray,

The problem is not solved yet, just found out that I do not have to program the new shock.

Even worse: they called me today that the new shock was there so I went for a 30 minutes drive to pick it up: now the newly ordered shock has oil on it and has a leek so it has to be ordered again [emoji108]
              Oh thought you solved it .

That's terrible if a new one can come with a leak then yours is definitely faulty.

Comment

I think it is because those shocks lying for years on the shelf.

Comment

Does not sound good.

Comment

That's probably the case, only when people buy the cars second hand would they most likely need replacing so just old stock laying around

Comment

Working...
                    X