Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopfully picking up a new insignia!! Cant pick what one 1.6 petrol or 2.0 deisel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopfully picking up a new insignia!! Cant pick what one 1.6 petrol or 2.0 deisel

Hi guys, I'm looking to chop in my focus st line for the new insignia vx line, seen a 1.6L petrol one and a 2.0L deisel cant pic what one as both have different specs, can any one advise in general or about the 2 models in question please? Thanks alot

Interesting discussion on petrol Vs diesel at https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/21874-Advice/page2 at the moment.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I recently bought the 170 diesel Grandsport, after coming from the Insignia A 163 diesel. The A was returning 66mpg on my commute, whereas the Grandsport only manages 45mpg! The petrols are not far behind this at all, as such, I don't think I'd go for another diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
        I recently bought the 170 diesel Grandsport, after coming from the Insignia A 163 diesel. The A was returning 66mpg on my commute, whereas the Grandsport only manages 45mpg! The petrols are not far behind this at all, as such, I don't think I'd go for another diesel.
        Heard it a few times now, is it true? I could get close to that with a feathered foot, supposed to get better not worse

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
          Heard it a few times now, is it true? Supposed to get better not worse
          I know, pretty disappointed to be fair, BUT it's a far better car than the A so am not too bothered, it's not like I can't afford the fuel, I always buy cars I can afford so you'll never see me trying to find tyres for a fiver each to put on my £3000 22 inch wheels!! 45mpg on commute,.. about 55mpg on a run

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            I know, pretty disappointed to be fair, BUT it's a far better car than the A so am not too bothered, it's not like I can't afford the fuel, I always buy cars I can afford so you'll never see me trying to find tyres for a fiver each to put on my £3000 22 inch wheels!! 45mpg on commute,.. about 55mpg on a run
            True, I wouldn't have got mine if I was concerned with fuel economy, deffo not it's strong point if you give it some welly. Just seems strange that they don't match the older ones I suppose.

Comment

My pre-facelift 2.0 diesel 163 originally gave around 46mpg when I first got it at a year old. This was with a daily 25 mile commute each way on mixed roads, annual mileage around 15k. By the time it was 6 years old, and it had 85k miles on it, this had dropped to low 40s, although in the intervening period I had retired, and my trips had become shorter and more on local roads.
              Since getting the 163bhp 1.5l petrol GS two months ago, it's averaged 32mpg over 1500 miles, but it only had 1700 miles on it when I got it. I'm hoping that as the mechanicals loosen up this will improve, but with my reduced mileage I'm not too hung up about it.
              From a performance point of view, there is little to choose between these two, but the GS is noticeably lighter. If I was in your position I think I'd let my mileage determine whether to go for petrol or diesel, they're both excellent cars.
              Last edited by PeteH; 18-07-2019, 01:45 PM.
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

If you want to talk about older ones, the vectra c cdti could always get 50+mpg on average runs but the siggy a preface diesel, people has reported getting 45mpg average, for a diesel that doesn't sound much, and plus the egr/dpf issues you may encounter, so i opted for a 1.6T petrol according to book figure 39.X mpg, i thought thats alright for petrol, so when i brought it like hell it is, i got 36mpg on computer and actually calculated is 33mpg and car feels gutless (but this is probably just my car something is wrong with boost, but this has put me off lack of confidence with petrol ability)

Comment

Working...
                X