No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, overall there's far too many problems and horror stories that diesels tend to suffer from. I feel it's not worth it just for the fuel economy when it could potentially all be blown on more expensive repairs. Bottom line is everyone will always have their own opinions and experiences, so basically.....just get what you feel suits your needs and hope for the best

Comment

If I was going to go for petrol would have to be quite big and need a turbo so I could get it mapped but still want decent mpg

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
        To me, overall there's far too many problems and horror stories that diesels tend to suffer from. I feel it's not worth it just for the fuel economy when it could potentially all be blown on more expensive repairs. Bottom line is everyone will always have their own opinions and experiences, so basically.....just get what you feel suits your needs and hope for the best
        Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
          If I was going to go for petrol would have to be quite big and need a turbo so I could get it mapped but still want decent mpg
          Just some of my insight, not trying to choose for you or being an 'expert' but IF you're talking Insignia petrol, depending on how much power you want, I'm sure as most of us know, you likely only really have 2 and a half options . The 1.6T, 2.0T and the 2.8T/VXR. Obviously the latter would be nice but I've looked at them previously and the running costs, whether it be fuel, tax or whatever, is quite extortionate. No doubt they look really good though. A good compromise would be the 2.0T(It's what I settled for but I'm biased, as we mentioned earlier ). I just used my head on that choice and had to sacrifice a bit of aesthetics but performance wise, a remapped 2.0T is surprisingly almost on par with a standard VXR, much cheaper tax(bar a few 4x4 versions), lower insurance group, lighter on fuel, the list goes on. Better yet, if you get the later SIDI 250Hp 2.0T, it is even better on fuel than the older version and slightly more Hp standard but not much difference remapped. Now the half that was mentioned earlier, 1.6T. Only half because by your 'quite big' comment, it probably won't fit in here but seems you can get a fair few horses out of them with a remap but might be slightly short of your expectation and because Insignias are such big and heavy cars, the fuel economy is still not great. Yes, it's a big read...sorry about that, It's just everything I checked through before choosing my own Again, at the end of the day, it's only your choice

For what it's worth and not to upset the oil burners, you will likely never match a diesel for overall driveability and fuel consumption though

Comment

Think al have a look sounds good what sort of mpg do you get

Comment

2.0T SIDI are rarer than vxrs,,,good luck on your search if you decide to look for one
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Been looking and found 1 and its auto that no good for me

Comment

Been looking and found 1 and its auto that no good for me
                  you don't want an auto,,a guy up my street had one,it was absolutely dreadfull on fuel
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not a fan of autos like to feel the gears

Comment

The 2ltr SIDI Turbo is a peach and as far as I'm concerned plenty powerful enough and don't need a remap
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Does look good power wise but can never hurt having a bit more power

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          2.0T SIDI are rarer than vxrs,,,good luck on your search if you decide to look for one
                          That's true, at least he isn't as hellbent on a saloon as Jaceb, the odds become impossible

Does look good power wise but can never hurt having a bit more power
                          You know what normally happens when you get more power? You get used to it and then you want more....neverending cycle

Comment

Yeah think that’s why I change my car so often or keep pestering the wife for more power

Comment

Yeah think that’s why I change my car so often or keep pestering the wife for more power
                              Maybe start at a 1.6T, then remap it, then get a 2.0T, then remap it and so on....

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                                That's true, at least he isn't as hellbent on a saloon as Jaceb, the odds become impossible

You know what normally happens when you get more power? You get used to it and then you want more....neverending cycle
                                [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I don’t do easy

Comment

Working...
                                X