Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t have the 1.6 mate

Comment

After all these pages, I have a question. Aren't the 140s meant to be like the most economical in the whole Insignia range?

Comment

As far as I know yeah they are but mine must be the rung of the litter

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
          As far as I know yeah they are but mine must be the rung of the litter
          Was thinking that sort of mileage isn't great at all, if they're economy figures are anything to go by.

Comment

Or are you a speed demon??

Comment

I know they over exaggerate but that’s quite a way off

Comment

My lass goes mad if I go over 70

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                  My lass goes mad if I go over 70
                  Common phenomenon that

Comment

Least I’m not the only sufferer

Comment

Of course, the GS has built in nagging - so many different beeps and buzzes from the parking assist when I'm reversing out of my garage, lane assist nudging and, what's worst, the 'collision alert' beeping and red flashing light on the HUD when approaching a car parked on the outside of a bend or a pedestrian on a narrow pavement.
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                        Of course, the GS has built in nagging - so many different beeps and buzzes from the parking assist when I'm reversing out of my garage, lane assist nudging and, what's worst, the 'collision alert' beeping and red flashing light on the HUD when approaching a car parked on the outside of a bend or a pedestrian on a narrow pavement.
                        Sounds a bit annoying but I doubt it's any worse than the nagging that usually comes from the passenger seat?

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                          Sounds a bit annoying but I doubt it's any worse than the nagging that usually comes from the passenger seat?
                          I'm wondering if there's a mod available to replacing the collision alert beeping with a high-pitched "Watch out!"
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                            I'm wondering if there's a mod available to replacing the collision alert beeping with a high-pitched "Watch out!"
                            There is but it's bll00dy expensive, upwards of 50% of all you own, unless you have a good divorce lawyer.

Comment

I would stick to diesel , you get more bang for your buck .
                              If you want the power then look at the torque figures of diesel against petrol
                              To get near the figures of a diesel , you have to up the anty on the engine size of an equivalent petrol and of course then you start to sacrifice how many miles per gallon you get .
                              I run a petrol and diesel equivalent of the same car
                              The diesel is 150 BHP with 320 NM of Torque and MPG average 45
                              Petrol 270' BHP with 400 NM of torque MPG average 23
                              Yes the petrol goes like a cat with its todger on fire
                              But for everyday use the diesel wins and it ant slow at getting off the line and the mid range punch puts other drivers to shame .
                              That's what I liked about the insignia I owned a 160 CDTI , it was fun , but alas it suffered the common problems written on here .
                              My wife runs a 1.5 qashqai diesel the most boring SUV cos it don't go wrong ! And that is quite acceptable.50 MPG
                              And a Vectra B GSI which is just grunt and growl 25 MPG
                              Hands down diesel wins
                              But that's my 2 pennies thrown in for what it's worth !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

You farmers don't half make me laugh with your tractors....Er I mean diesels.

The answer is simple. If you can afford the running costs get a petrol. It's more refined and more reliable. Keep it serviced and you can fill up and forget about it...No regens...No DPF blocking...No EGR failing and you don't look like the great pretender sat at the traffic lights in a nice car but a bag of spanners rattling under the bonnet.

In all seriousness....If you're doing 20k a year you could get away with either. The extra cost of running a petrol would probably equal the extra maintenance/repair costs of a diesel.

*Waits for the backlash from farmer Giles and his friends*
                                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                                X