Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

So currently have 2.0 diesel 140 I do about 20k miles a year but a lot of short journeys so only around 39mpg is it worth sticking with a diesel or not

Is that VXR tickling a bit more? Most people will tell you that a petrol is more suited to short daily journeys, less to go wrong. On long runs it's chalk and cheese though. Depends what your after really.

Comment

I like the size of the siggy but don’t want to walk in to problems by driving short journeys but wife says cant have vxr so if went petrol would need somthing I could map

Comment

I've had my diesel for a year and a half......I only use it a couple of times a week......there's no way I'd go back to petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          I've had my diesel for a year and a half......I only use it a couple of times a week......there's no way I'd go back to petrol.
          Do you do many miles or long runs in yours mate

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
            Do you do many miles or long runs in yours mate
            Nope.....I only do around 100 miles a week buddy.
            I have a works van.

Comment

And the longest run us probably about 25 miles round trip.

Comment

What sort of mpg are you getting cause sounds like you do less than me and I get about 39

Comment

Seems you're one of the lucky ones . No, in fairness, I would say if it aint broke don't fix it. What's the reason for you not liking petrol if I may ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                    What sort of mpg are you getting cause sounds like you do less than me and I get about 39
                    I'm getting around 46 mpg.
                    We went out one Sunday on the rare occasion me and my wife were both off......done around 200 miles and I used just over 3.5 gallon.....would never get that with my petrol car.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                      Seems you're one of the lucky ones . No, in fairness, I would say if it aint broke don't fix it. What's the reason for you not liking petrol if I may ask?
                      I've had petrol cars since I started driving.....way back in early 80's....... the insignia diesel is far more refined etc than any petrol I've had.

Comment

Comment

I've had petrol cars since I started driving.....way back in early 80's....... the insignia diesel is far more refined etc than any petrol I've had.
                          Fair enough, so we'll call that personal preference

Comment

So good you said it twice

Yeah....it is.
                            There far less can go wrong with the petrol engine, I'll admit, but wouldn't life be boring if we all followed suit

Comment

But surely this is a reflection on the advances made in car design generally. My 2013 2.0 CDTi was the most refined car I'd ever had (over the course of over 40 years, which encompassed everything from Fords - Anglia, Capri, Sierra - Vauxhalls - Cavalier Mk II to Vectra B - and even a gorgeous 1973 Humber Sceptre).
                              And yet my 2018 Grand Sport has managed to top the lot, and it's petrol. The performance is directly comparable to the 2 litre diesel it replaced in my garage, and the improvements in equipment levels, driver convenience and general driver experience make it a far better vehicle irrespective of fuel type. And no DPF! (Shame about the mpg)
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                              X