No announcement yet.

Facelift console and dash trim removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift console and dash trim removal?

Basically I need to get the full console and dash trim out, up to the heater controls as it all squeaks and creaks terribly (Has any other f/l owners had this?).....I never had this in my pre-f/l

I want to get it all out and fix some special adhesive trim felt in various areas to stop this creaking....but I haven't the first idea where to start on the f/l......I knew how to do it on the pre f/l as I had it all out to deep clean and also fitted an aftermarket double-din headunit.

Thanks people

you mean centre console?
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Mine creaks also , centre cosole

Comment

I'm doing some dismantling tomorrow to look at a couple of issues on my car, so will take some pictures of what trims to remove and what screws to undo.. but basically you remove the S shape trim which runs along either side of the centre console... there is one screw on each side, plus one screw facing forwards to secure to dashboard (probably need to take ashtray out to see it)... move both front seats forwards, you will see another screw low down on either side.. basically its those 6 which hold it in place.

Where it connects to the dash underneath the framework there is a big multiplug you need to disconnect, attach it from drivers side, you have to depress a release clip and then it slides up and over and seperates, also theres a green USB connector to disconnect as well..

Dont forget to remove the gearstick / gaitor, from what i recall it lifts up from the back end of it, as it clips into the front bit first... adjust it so you can slide the centre console over it..

will get some pictures tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          you mean centre console?
          Yes, and the dash parts.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
            I'm doing some dismantling tomorrow to look at a couple of issues on my car, so will take some pictures of what trims to remove and what screws to undo.. but basically you remove the S shape trim which runs along either side of the centre console... there is one screw on each side, plus one screw facing forwards to secure to dashboard (probably need to take ashtray out to see it)... move both front seats forwards, you will see another screw low down on either side.. basically its those 6 which hold it in place.

Where it connects to the dash underneath the framework there is a big multiplug you need to disconnect, attach it from drivers side, you have to depress a release clip and then it slides up and over and seperates, also theres a green USB connector to disconnect as well..

Dont forget to remove the gearstick / gaitor, from what i recall it lifts up from the back end of it, as it clips into the front bit first... adjust it so you can slide the centre console over it..

will get some pictures tomorrow..
            Brilliant thankyou

I know on the pre f/l the dash parts such as the top screen just pull off to reveal screws underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
              Mine creaks also , centre cosole
              I'm glad it's not just mine then.

Comment

top screen it hooked into dash at top, lower part of screen clips into climate control panel, if you can seperate it will come out as one piece, although the climate panel is a mutha to remove it is only clipped and no screws, but behind the fascia is a mounting plate (same size as the entire climate panel) so dont try to rip that out with the climate panel. There are NO screws holding the screen and climate panel in place (only the mounting bracket behind it)

Comment

Working...
                X