Infotainment not working - help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infotainment not working - help please

Hello - a couple of days ago on starting my insignia (2016 1.6 CDTI), the info screen displayed the message about focussing in the road, it did this 5 or 6 times before disappearing completely. Music was in the background but my screen is blank. I have no music channels, sat nav etc. Each time on start up I get the same screen, I press ok, try to select something but run out of time before it disappears again. If I manage to get the radio, it lasts for about 5 mins (on a blank screen) before going off completely - I haver tried disconnecting the battery etc but no good. Has anyone any advice please

If its still under warranty take it to the dealer
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      If its still under warranty take it to the dealer
      Sadly - or weirdly, the 3 year warranty ran out just over a week ago.

I have contacted Vauxhall direct. The dealership are happy to charge me a diagnostic fee though 🤷*♂️

Comment

It's broken, doesn't need diagnosing. If it is a repair under warranty you should be getting the diagnostic charge back.......but check with dealer first
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I made that comment to the dealership but they’re adamant it needs a diagnostic, seems my hands are tied.
          The fact I get a bit of something could mean a software malfunction- I hoping Vauxhall will be a little more understanding

Comment

Originally posted by Walpie View Post
            Hello - a couple of days ago on starting my insignia (2016 1.6 CDTI), the info screen displayed the message about focussing in the road, it did this 5 or 6 times before disappearing completely
            I've had this message come up a couple of times, and then disappear. I assumed it was Vauxhall's nagging mentality that was triggered randomly when a Bluetooth phone connected. Has anyone else seen this message, and should I be worried in case it mutates into Walpie's problem?
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

You can try disconnecting the battery for a bit. But if all was working okay before there shouldn't be an issue.

The infotainment system isn't that complicated, you could find someone with opcom to see if there's any error codes.

It runs in a loop cluster/sat nav/radio/climate/touchpad(only where fitted) so more than likely, if,the wiring was faulty, you'd see other issues like the climate displaying on the screen out of the blue etc.

Mine used to be blank on start up sometimes could have been the weather as when it was cold it would work no problem.

When then sun had been shining on it, it wouldn't work.

The system itself is pretty easy to take out if you wanted to double check the connections.

Comment

If you've got a USB stick or hard drive connected to it try disconnecting that and see if that makes a difference. I have both a USB and hard drive connected to mine and recently have had the screen going blank a couple of times but the system just reboots itself.

Comment

Thanks for this. Already tried disconnecting the battery. It’s really difficult to explain without a visual. If I’m quick, I press the ok, then settings, then audio - before it goes blank and the start up screen comes on again, radio will still be heard but blank screen. The same message comes up about 5 times, then all power to the infotainment is cut

I will try and get it checked with the Opcom

Comment

Working...
                  X