Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia 2.0 CDTi 163 limp mode stuck at 40mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 CDTi 163 limp mode stuck at 40mph?

Hi everyone

Yesterday I drove around 3 hours to Bristol and back from London with no issue until I was about 40 minutes from home on a residential road and put my foot down in second to drive around someone. It was fairly spirited driving but in any case as the revs hit a level I cannot remember power seemed to go and it would not go above 40mph. There was no turbo I am sure of that and it flashed service soon.

I was actually a few minutes from my Grandad so thought I would pop in and say hello, after 45 minutes I got back in the car and started it up and all was back to normal. I never need to go above 3000 revs at any point in this car with the power it has so I am not sure if it flicked up above this level and cut out and whether it would do it again but I didn't want to test it, I had about 30 minutes on the A3 to get home so 40mph would have been awful.

I wondered if anyone had ideas? I have done a number of long motorway journeys in the past month so from my basic knowledge of the DPF I would hope that gets regularly regenerated by the car...

Thank you in advance.

Lee

Does sound like a diagnostic session is in order - regeneration won't affect the max speed of the vehicle, aside increase in fuel consumption/possible slight smell the process occurs in the background. 'Service vehicle soon' indicates a non emissions related engine management fault also.

Comment

I would put money on there being a split in the intercooler hose. get this checked out asap as this will affect DPF regens and result in the DPF becoming clogged.
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

as above,get the hoses checked out,sometimes the split is very small,and hard to find
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          I would put money on there being a split in the intercooler hose. get this checked out asap as this will affect DPF regens and result in the DPF becoming clogged.
          Thank you all for the quick responses, I will try and get to a garage this weekend.

Are these splits an expensive fix at a garage if they prove to be the issue? Also, how straight forward are they to find if I suggest this to a mechanic?

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Dynamic parts Insignia 2.0 Intercooler Hose Pipe - 13242121 at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thank you, will order one and see if I feel up to changing it myself. Need to identify it later when I check under the bonnet.

If it is an easy changeover then I will do it myself and check the hose afterwards.

Comment

Consider to support my channel and all the hard work put into it at http://www.patreon.com/LMAutoRepairsThank youHiAnother Insignia with the P2282, and indee...

Comment

Just a quick update, I know this probably doesn't rule out the hose and I will try to replace it or at least remove and inspect it.

I put my hand in and felt all around the pipe while fitted to see if my hand would come out with any oil on it or felt a break in the pipe. I revved the engine a bit to try again and no sign of oil leaking, probably is a crack I just can't feel.

Comment

Working...
                  X