Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Car When The Battery Is Dead

Hi All

I have an Insignia 2011. The battery is dead and I am unable to open the car either with the remote or by entering the key into the lock. I need to access the car to open the bonnet so I can have the battery replaced. Can anyone give me any tips on how to do this, if not it seems my only alternative is to smash a window.

Hello Seanb dose the key turn in the lock ?
    If not try some WD40 to see if it frees it up ,

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I know from personal experience that the central locking can go very weird with low battery problems, but found that the driver's door (and strangely, the tailgate) seemed to be more 'mechanical' (i.e. could be locked/unlocked with the key). If you have never used the physical key to unlock the driver's door then I would agree with Lizzard-t that the mechanical lock may just be seized up, and good old WD40 might do the trick. However, don't be surprised if, once you're in the car, none of the other doors will open from inside or out.
      Good luck.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        Hello Seanb dose the key turn in the lock ?
        If not try some WD40 to see if it frees it up ,
        It does turn in the lock, but the car doesn't open.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          I know from personal experience that the central locking can go very weird with low battery problems, but found that the driver's door (and strangely, the tailgate) seemed to be more 'mechanical' (i.e. could be locked/unlocked with the key). If you have never used the physical key to unlock the driver's door then I would agree with Lizzard-t that the mechanical lock may just be seized up, and good old WD40 might do the trick. However, don't be surprised if, once you're in the car, none of the other doors will open from inside or out.
          Good luck.
          Yeah initially it only opened on one side and now no doors will open at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Good luck.

Comment

Can you lock and open the driver car door with key?

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Can you lock and open the driver car door with key?
                Nope, it wont open with the key.

Comment

So when it opened on one side only was that when the battery was functioning?
                  I don't know if thease dead lock on the first press of the fob . Or you have to press them twice to deadlock them
                  But could it be that it's dead locked ,
                  Only other non intrusive way would be to try and get the bonnet open from underneath or through the grill .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by seanb View Post
                    Initially? so you managed to get in car? Did you pop you bonnet?

Comment

twice for dead lock

Comment

i always deadlock mine but don't think actually experienced deadlocks.

Comment

i always deadlock mine but don't think actually experienced deadlocks.
                          Same here, habit

Comment

Initially? so you managed to get in car? Did you pop you bonnet?
                            Yeah that was the first time I tried to open the car and was trying to start the car, which must have drained it even more, so the next time I tried it wouldn't open at all.

Comment

Surely after that it wouldn't auto lock

Comment

Working...
                              X