Upgrade HIR2 headlamp bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade HIR2 headlamp bulbs

I’ve got a 2017 Insignia A which has the HIR2 headlamp bulbs.
    The dip is Ok, but full beam is poor, so I’m looking to upgrade the bulbs. There’s not a lot of choice, but the PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 bulbs look good - has anyone tried them?
    Attached Files

Hello again---you can also go the HID route along with the LED'S---its all down to choice--as I say I have the updated bulbs and the LED'S which are far better than the standard bulbs---for the brightest it would be the Hids but i'm sure that you have to be fitting the correct bulbs----RBH [Rab] on here has HID'S fitted and he will advise i'm sure ----it all depends on what is suitable for you-------Dave

Comment

Hi Dave! Im originally from Sunderland, so we were nearly neighbours and we’ve got the same car! I bet you are looking forward to Steve Bruce running the club....

Are Hids the simple replacement Led bulb, or a whole different setup?

Comment

Dave the HIDs are totally different to the LED'S--you can change to the Led's quite easily but with the Hids you will need a kit that is canbus suitable---the Hids are very good for giving off a very good light--5-6000 k I think is about the whitest light---but ask Rab on here as he has them in his---plus he is a good lad to contact----couldn't care less about Steve Bruce to be honest----don't think he will go far anyway with the fans-------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
          I bet you are looking forward to Steve Bruce running the club....
          relegation looming,with that tosser in charge thead even worse,an ex mackem manager
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            relegation looming,with that tosser in charge thead even worse,an ex mackem manager
            Hello Dave---totally agree with you---all he is ever after is the cash---don't think his last club is finished with him yet according to the news------Dave

Comment

Hi Dave! Im originally from Sunderland, so we were nearly neighbours and we’ve got the same car! I bet you are looking forward to Steve Bruce running the club....

Are Hids the simple replacement Led bulb, or a whole different setup?
              Heyyyyyyy ul be BFF with Dave @exclusiv

He's the world's bestest Sunderland fan

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Heyyyyyyy ul be BFF with Dave @exclusiv

He's the world's bestest Sunderland fan
                With the new manager, won’t be long before we’re playing the boys in black stripes in league 1!

Comment

With the new manager, won’t be long before we’re playing the boys in black stripes in league 1!
                  You should pm him mate.....he's obsessed with them
                  He has a room in his house dedicated to them.
                  And he's spent thousands on memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    You should pm him mate.....he's obsessed with them
                    He has a room in his house dedicated to them.
                    And he's spent thousands on memorabilia.
                    aye Rab,thats me before I got me hair cut

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	243376
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

aye Rab,thats me before I got me hair cut

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1726[/ATTACH]
                      He pulls off that "inbred" look very well

Comment

I tried to reply to our pm Rab, but your message inbox seems to be full...?

Comment

Need to get rid of Ashley mate. That's the real problem.

Comment

I’ve got a 2017 Insignia A which has the HIR2 headlamp bulbs.
                            The dip is Ok, but full beam is poor, so I’m looking to upgrade the bulbs. There’s not a lot of choice, but the PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 bulbs look good - has anyone tried them?
                            Been looking at these myself, did you buy them, if so, how are they. Apparently there's no real halogen upgrades for this type of bulb.

Comment

D
                              Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                              Been looking at these myself, did you buy them, if so, how are they. Apparently there's no real halogen upgrades for this type of bulb.
                              After seeing more good reviews and recommendations, I went for the PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 bulbs, for £30 from Powerbulbs, which they reckon should last 12 months, as opposed to the original “long life” bulbs which are expected to last 5 years.

What I hadnt realised is the Kelvin figure indicates how blue the bulb is and the higher the kelvin figure, the dimmer the bulb will be because of the blue coating!

My original bulbs had only been in the car about 2.3 years and done 5k miles, so were in good condition. The PIAA are brighter than the originals, but not by much. Its the full beam which is disappointing as its only one bulb for both, as opposed to my previous Vectra which had 2 bulbs and a good full beam with “nightbreakers”. For an older car, the PIAAs would show a definite improvement.

I had originally been looking for an Elite with brighter HID lamps, but Ive done all I can for now and just hope that there might be some legal retrofit HID or Led bulbs available in the future....?

Does anyone know how the full beam works - is there a baffle that moves to redirect the beam or is there a change in the bulb itself?

Comment

Working...
                              X