Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
    D

After seeing more good reviews and recommendations, I went for the PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 bulbs, for £30 from Powerbulbs, which they reckon should last 12 months, as opposed to the original “long life” bulbs which are expected to last 5 years.

What I hadnt realised is the Kelvin figure indicates how blue the bulb is and the higher the kelvin figure, the dimmer the bulb will be because of the blue coating!

My original bulbs had only been in the car about 2.3 years and done 5k miles, so were in good condition. The PIAA are brighter than the originals, but not by much. Its the full beam which is disappointing as its only one bulb for both, as opposed to my previous Vectra which had 2 bulbs and a good full beam with “nightbreakers”. For an older car, the PIAAs would show a definite improvement.

I had originally been looking for an Elite with brighter HID lamps, but Ive done all I can for now and just hope that there might be some legal retrofit HID or Led bulbs available in the future....?

Does anyone know how the full beam works - is there a baffle that moves to redirect the beam or is there a change in the bulb itself?
    theres a shutter over the bulb,it drops down,when high beam is on,to let out more light
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
      D

After seeing more good reviews and recommendations, I went for the PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 bulbs, for £30 from Powerbulbs, which they reckon should last 12 months, as opposed to the original “long life” bulbs which are expected to last 5 years.

What I hadnt realised is the Kelvin figure indicates how blue the bulb is and the higher the kelvin figure, the dimmer the bulb will be because of the blue coating!

My original bulbs had only been in the car about 2.3 years and done 5k miles, so were in good condition. The PIAA are brighter than the originals, but not by much. Its the full beam which is disappointing as its only one bulb for both, as opposed to my previous Vectra which had 2 bulbs and a good full beam with “nightbreakers”. For an older car, the PIAAs would show a definite improvement.

I had originally been looking for an Elite with brighter HID lamps, but Ive done all I can for now and just hope that there might be some legal retrofit HID or Led bulbs available in the future....?

Does anyone know how the full beam works - is there a baffle that moves to redirect the beam or is there a change in the bulb itself?
      I'll give them a try, my siggy had h7s, so I fitted osram nightbreaker lasers , vast improvements..

Comment

Working...
      X