Follow us on...
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on instagram
Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Street Racer Dave71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Car
    Face Lift Insignia Elite Sport Tourer 163 Auto
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool Oil Pick up Seal, Evolution.

    Forum Key Rings
    Just been reading about Baz 160's problems after possible failure of his oil pick up seal.
    Is there any particular vehicle year, that is susceptible to this type of failure?
    I had a MY2010 Insignia SE. I now have a MY2013 Elite Facelift.
    Are both susceptible, or has there been improvements to the MY13 model, that has improved things?
    Have searched but, not IT savvy, I'm afraid.

  2. #2
    New Driver 1989arnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Car
    2013 Elite Sports Tourer (160 Bhp)
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following

  3. #3
    Learner Driver majestic12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2014 model and I have the same question...120kW engine...s&S stopped working and it shakes a little when started...116000km

  4. #4
    New Driver a602820922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it happens more often on pre face lift vehicles, however seal it's self is made from rubber and it's the same one for pre face lift vehicles as face lift ones so I would recommend to replace it on both at around every 80k if you want to be safer a bit. I'm having MY14 2013 and I have replaced mine at around 80k.

  5. Thanks Dave71 Thanked
  6. #5
    Street Racer Dave71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Car
    Face Lift Insignia Elite Sport Tourer 163 Auto
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a602820922 View Post
    Well, it happens more often on pre face lift vehicles, however seal it's self is made from rubber and it's the same one for pre face lift vehicles as face lift ones so I would recommend to replace it on both at around every 80k if you want to be safer a bit. I'm having MY14 2013 and I have replaced mine at around 80k.
    Is that a true 80,000 miles,. or is it like a Cam Belt change:-- 100,000 or 5 years, whichever comes fist ??

  7. #6
    New Driver a602820922's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I wouldn't wait that long.100k.

  8. Thanks Dave71 Thanked
  9. #7
    The Stig

    sriray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Posts
    6,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had heard early facelift has this issue too.

    But basically you have to treat the seal as a serviceable part, you notice it in cold morning startups if should flag up low oil pressure, then that is the first signs get it changed asap before the worst strikes.

    The part is dirt cheap, but because where it is the labour is expensive.

    I have seen lots of insignias broken up result of engine failure on the facebook pages. You don't want this.

    So my advise is treat your seal issue with caution.

    Just like me with the Piston 4 melting issue, and M32 gearbox issue with caution, touchwood all ok so far.

    OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

  10. Thanks Dave71 Thanked
  11. #8
    Street Racer Dave71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Car
    Face Lift Insignia Elite Sport Tourer 163 Auto
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sriray View Post
    I had heard early facelift has this issue too.

    But basically you have to treat the seal as a serviceable part, you notice it in cold morning startups if should flag up low oil pressure, then that is the first signs get it changed asap before the worst strikes.

    The part is dirt cheap, but because where it is the labour is expensive.

    I have seen lots of insignias broken up result of engine failure on the facebook pages. You don't want this.

    So my advise is treat your seal issue with caution.

    Just like me with the Piston 4 melting issue, and M32 gearbox issue with caution, touchwood all ok so far.
    Thank you both. Siriay, a602820922 That's all I need. Just coming up to 59,000 so think I will get summer over then change it. While I'm able, I will do it myself, not worried about labour charges. That'll give it another 6 years, last me out, that.

    Would the frequency of oil changes help, I drop and renew my oil every 6 months would that have any bearing on its life?

    Like my cam belt. bought a Gates kit plus a timing kit and was better off to the tune of 130 Found out after, quote didn't include water pump.

  12. #9
    The Stig

    sriray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham
    Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Posts
    6,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave71 View Post
    Thank you both. Siriay, a602820922 That's all I need. Just coming up to 59,000 so think I will get summer over then change it. While I'm able, I will do it myself, not worried about labour charges. That'll give it another 6 years, last me out, that.

    Would the frequency of oil changes help, I drop and renew my oil every 6 months would that have any bearing on its life?

    Like my cam belt. bought a Gates kit plus a timing kit and was better off to the tune of 130 Found out after, quote didn't include water pump.
    The seal perishes over time, its prob bad design.

    You may find this useful though
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ckup-Pipe-Seal

    OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

  13. Thanks Dave71 Thanked
  14. #10
    Street Racer Dave71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Car
    Face Lift Insignia Elite Sport Tourer 163 Auto
    Posts
    383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I right in that, the Auto Gear box has a cut out for the two bolts at the flywheel, so wont need to cut access or move gear box back????

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oil pick up seal
    By Seanio in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-06-2019, 08:16 AM
  2. Clunk while driving following oil pick up seal change
    By Hudson in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2019, 02:12 PM
  3. Oil seal
    By Madgolfer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2019, 04:50 PM
  4. Oil seal
    By bretthudson41 in forum Engine, Drive Train & Transmission
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-05-2019, 11:41 AM
  5. Oil pick up pipe seal *PETITION*
    By robharris-88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions