Oil Pick up Seal, Evolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pick up Seal, Evolution.

Just been reading about Baz 160's problems after possible failure of his oil pick up seal.
    Is there any particular vehicle year, that is susceptible to this type of failure?
    I had a MY2010 Insignia SE. I now have a MY2013 Elite Facelift.
    Are both susceptible, or has there been improvements to the MY13 model, that has improved things?
    Have searched but, not IT savvy, I'm afraid.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Following

Comment

I have 2014 model and I have the same question...120kW engine...s&S stopped working and it shakes a little when started...116000km

Comment

Well, it happens more often on pre face lift vehicles, however seal it's self is made from rubber and it's the same one for pre face lift vehicles as face lift ones so I would recommend to replace it on both at around every 80k if you want to be safer a bit. I'm having MY14 2013 and I have replaced mine at around 80k.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
          Well, it happens more often on pre face lift vehicles, however seal it's self is made from rubber and it's the same one for pre face lift vehicles as face lift ones so I would recommend to replace it on both at around every 80k if you want to be safer a bit. I'm having MY14 2013 and I have replaced mine at around 80k.
          Is that a true 80,000 miles,. or is it like a Cam Belt change:-- 100,000 or 5 years, whichever comes fist ??
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Personally I wouldn't wait that long.100k.

Comment

I had heard early facelift has this issue too.

But basically you have to treat the seal as a serviceable part, you notice it in cold morning startups if should flag up low oil pressure, then that is the first signs get it changed asap before the worst strikes.

The part is dirt cheap, but because where it is the labour is expensive.

I have seen lots of insignias broken up result of engine failure on the facebook pages. You don't want this.

So my advise is treat your seal issue with caution.

Just like me with the Piston 4 melting issue, and M32 gearbox issue with caution, touchwood all ok so far.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                I had heard early facelift has this issue too.

But basically you have to treat the seal as a serviceable part, you notice it in cold morning startups if should flag up low oil pressure, then that is the first signs get it changed asap before the worst strikes.

The part is dirt cheap, but because where it is the labour is expensive.

I have seen lots of insignias broken up result of engine failure on the facebook pages. You don't want this.

So my advise is treat your seal issue with caution.

Just like me with the Piston 4 melting issue, and M32 gearbox issue with caution, touchwood all ok so far.
                Thank you both. Siriay, a602820922 That's all I need. Just coming up to 59,000 so think I will get summer over then change it. While I'm able, I will do it myself, not worried about labour charges. That'll give it another 6 years, last me out, that.

Would the frequency of oil changes help, I drop and renew my oil every 6 months would that have any bearing on its life?

Like my cam belt. bought a Gates kit plus a timing kit and was better off to the tune of £130 Found out after, quote didn't include water pump.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                  Thank you both. Siriay, a602820922 That's all I need. Just coming up to 59,000 so think I will get summer over then change it. While I'm able, I will do it myself, not worried about labour charges. That'll give it another 6 years, last me out, that.

Would the frequency of oil changes help, I drop and renew my oil every 6 months would that have any bearing on its life?

Like my cam belt. bought a Gates kit plus a timing kit and was better off to the tune of £130 Found out after, quote didn't include water pump.
                  The seal perishes over time, its prob bad design.

You may find this useful though

Comment

Am I right in that, the Auto Gear box has a cut out for the two bolts at the flywheel, so wont need to cut access or move gear box back????
                    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      The seal perishes over time, its prob bad design.

You may find this useful though
                      https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...ckup-Pipe-Seal
                      I was under the impression that to many failed regens were the cause of it

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                        I was under the impression that to many failed regens were the cause of it
                        Doubt it then this should affect other cdti's too.

Comment

My Engine is a A20DTE variety and is a royal pain when trying to get information on due to its short life span.

Is my engine at risk for this?

Currently on 78k with no issues anywhere. Thing doesn't even drink oil which I find quite surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                            Am I right in that, the Auto Gear box has a cut out for the two bolts at the flywheel, so wont need to cut access or move gear box back????
                            You may drill holes by yourself but be careful

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                              My Engine is a A20DTE variety and is a royal pain when trying to get information on due to its short life span.

Is my engine at risk for this?

Currently on 78k with no issues anywhere. Thing doesn't even drink oil which I find quite surprising.
                              Not sure but I think it has the same thing as others 2.0 CDTI

Comment

Working...
                              X