Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front seat swap

Evening all,

I've been pondering and I've got the Sri seats and I just don't find them comfortable no matter how much I change the settings on the lumber. I do most of the driving and commute to work so comfort's really important to me. So after a year of suffering I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction because I'm struggling to find the answer.
    Can I change the front seats to ones from a different make of car?
    With the wife and kids to think of I'm hoping someone is going to say everything will still work fine with a new loom or two and maybe swap the airbags over. Obviously some work to ensure a good anchor to the floor 😂. I'm not bothered about memory settings but wondered if there would be additional programming needed?
    I'd be really interest to hear your thoughts before I try this out.

Hello Miles I think in a nutshell the answer is no
    But there will probably be someone along to blow my theory out of the water .
    First how much you want to spend to get the desired comfort?
    Second you have to find seats you feel comfortable in
    Third you will have to find a seat rail conversion kit
    You can't just drill holes in the floor pan because the seat is bolted there for strength and safety
    Forth you cannot just swap over airbags and pretentioners from one to another because they are built into the seat for safety reasons and if you were to try to remove, they are loaded charges and will cause damage to limbs if they go off .
    Also you have to consider the insurance side as you have modified your car in such a way .
    I think your best bet would be to get a set of seats from a different trim level insignia, maybe an exclusive, SE , S , Elite or any denomination of trim level, without the sport seats .
    Or speek to a car seat manufacturer or google one .
    But that's my theory on it .and mine only .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Agreed with above.

Comment

Well yes and no as a simple swap you can change them obviously you would need rails to do it but the problem lies with the airbag and the car thinking theirs a problem so the light would be on on the dash all the time. Best off giving vxmods a shout see if they can disable the light then its worth ago if not i wouldnt bother. If you were to buy insignia sri/elite leathers or vxr seats they would be a straight swap no problems

Comment

Evening all,

Thanks for the replies. I knew it couldn't be as simple as I hoped it would be. Been to look at an Elite near my work as some seats came up on Ebay but were about 200 miles away round trip. I did find the comfort much better on it but of course no idea how it would be after a few hours of driving. It's strange but the wife has an Insignia estate, I think it's an S but I've no idea. The lumber on that is comfy but it doesn't have the thigh extensions so I'm wondering based on the advice if I'm best sticking with the siggy seats and just stealing the backs off hers and Frankensteining myself some new ones [emoji23] having VXMods involved would work out too costly I'm sure, especially as I'm doing the house up and new child here too so I'm just doing what I can and when for now. Appreciate your thoughts [emoji16]

Comment

sri leathers are what you want then their what i have in mine they keep you in and have the extensions. also at a later date u could have them programmed in as their air cooled and heated

Comment

Working...
            X